The Partick Thistle thread

17 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Sneddon and McKenna off for knee scans on Monday according to McCall in his post match interview on JZ

I think we can still loan players from Scottish premiership clubs until Saturday plus obviously sign any free agents, and I remember reading you can loan 6 instead of 4. We have 4 at the moment - assuming Glass's loan was actually terminated, I don't even think the get well soon message we posted confirmed this- so could loan 2 more.

With Rudden also potentially out for a while I think we might need that extra body although you'd think it's very much bottom of the barrel stuff that hasn't been loaned out at this point.

#bringbackmansell

(joking)

(or am I?)

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

I think we can still loan players from Scottish premiership clubs until Saturday plus obviously sign any free agents, and I remember reading you can loan 6 instead of 4. We have 4 at the moment - assuming Glass's loan was actually terminated, I don't even think the get well soon message we posted confirmed this- so could loan 2 more.

With Rudden also potentially out for a while I think we might need that extra body although you'd think it's very much bottom of the barrel stuff that hasn't been loaned out at this point.

#bringbackmansell

(joking)

(or am I?)

Glass’ squad number was given away to Spittal and he is out for the season, so surely his loan has been cancelled. It is odd there is yet to be any formal confirmation that this is the case but for now we are having to assume it is. This would leave us two loans.

20 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Sneddon and McKenna off for knee scans on Monday according to McCall in his post match interview on JZ

Not good news with Rudden having a scan too.  If the news is bad this week, the squad looks very thin. 

McCall may need to look at bringing in replacements until January. Are there any decent free agents looking for a club?

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Sad to hear Kevin McCarra passed away. He always had a soft spot for the club and I'm sure he mentioned on Football Weekly that he'd bought a season ticket around the time McNamara was in charge. Seen him around Firhill a few times around that time.

A nice tribute to him by Jonathan Wilson.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/25/kevin-mccarra-a-pioneer-who-changed-football-journalism-former-guardian-football-correspondent-dies

The striker situation is giving me the fear tbh, Graham is a massive player for us at the moment and if anything happens to him I think we could be fucked this season. (see Clyde game) 

Feels like every season we have constant injury related issues putting strain on a certain area of the park. 

11 minutes ago, thistledo said:

The striker situation is giving me the fear tbh, Graham is a massive player for us at the moment and if anything happens to him I think we could be fucked this season. (see Clyde game) 

Feels like every season we have constant injury related issues putting strain on a certain area of the park. 

Me too.

I’m very uncomfortable with our current situation with our strikers fitness. We still have two loans available so the sensible option right now would be to bring in someone else on loan after we have already had a situation like the Clyde game when we didn’t have a striker on the bench. Even if it’s a short term loan, just so we aren’t left in the cold if either Graham or SKA gets injured and we are stuck with one striker.

1 hour ago, jagfox BLM said:

Claims on Twitter of over 6000 streams bought for the Airdrie game? Remarkable if true...

I was wondering what the comparison would be between people attending a game and paying for it online. 6,000 seems very high. At what point would it be financially better for thistle to stay online?!

1 hour ago, jagfox BLM said:

Claims on Twitter of over 6000 streams bought for the Airdrie game? Remarkable if true...

The fact that folk are considering that this could be even remotely true, sums up our support just now. 

So this is the online equivalent of how clubs like Dunfermline use the “tickets sold” metric to pretend as if all season ticket holders have attended the game, even if they haven’t...

But what metric have we used to come up with such a blatant nonsense figure? Possibly counting each time a viewer refreshed their page or jumped in and out of the stream as a new viewer? Maybe I’m giving this guy too much credit here, but surely he hasn’t just completely made it up.

Edited by Nightmare