The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

As anticipated, Fraserburgh and Montrose will be at Firhill at the end of July.

A trip to Stenny to start and a Killie telly tie too.

Larry David Reaction GIF

As anticipated, Fraserburgh and Montrose will be at Firhill at the end of July.
A trip to Stenny to start and a Killie telly tie too.
Presumably we had to ask for our home games as games 3 and 4 because of the work being done on the pitch? Still a rubbish set of fixtures

The fixtures in terms of what seed plays what seed where are the same across all groups (or the ones I've checked anyway) with the 2nd seed away to the 1st seed and 4th seed and at home to the 3rd and 5th seeds. It mirrors the old UEFA cup groups in the mid 2000s when they were 5 teams.

The actual order of the fixtures will have been moved around for things like groundsharing (Hamilton / Clyde , Stenny / QP) and requests like ours.

Obviously absolute shite in terms of the two away days everyone wanted being home fixtures, from a qualification POV it's maybe not that bad given our record at Firhill against Killie.

Lawless released by Dunfermline. I’d have 100% taken him in January, not as sure now. 
Cammy Ballantyne from Montrose (who some suggested we may be interested in) has signed for Airdrie. 

38 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Lawless released by Dunfermline. I’d have 100% taken him in January, not as sure now. 
Cammy Ballantyne from Montrose (who some suggested we may be interested in) has signed for Airdrie. 

Did Airdrie replace Murray ? I guess we couldn’t have been interested in him, or he doesn’t fancy the Championship yet.

Ive heard partick phoned ballantyne up when they saw announcement about him leaving montrose but he had already signed with airdrie.

38 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Ive heard partick phoned ballantyne up when they saw announcement about him leaving montrose but he had already signed with airdrie.

I’d be surprised at that- not because Ballantyne is not good enough for the championship as he likely is- but because apparently McCall had already said he has signed a right back who had previously played for the club already 

7 hours ago, third lanark said:

I’d be surprised at that- not because Ballantyne is not good enough for the championship as he likely is- but because apparently McCall had already said he has signed a right back who had previously played for the club already 

It's true. McCall phoned him two hours after he signed for Airdrie. 

There's a suggestion on WAT that we should scan all the match programmes and put them up. We have the material and the wherewithal, just not so sure about the will and the energy. Speaking generally, TTA is a free platform by Thistle fans for Thistle fans, so if anyone wants to get involved with such capers, get in touch.

Re the programmes idea, we previously used the Celtic '71 game → as an experiment with a Match Programme tab, check it out. The programme has both a video and a clickable image gallery on that example.

Some more bits n bobs of Archive News...

We finally found a decent report on the game at the City Ground in March '66. HT scores now 100% complete for 1965-66 →! It's these little things, ye know?

We've found a new match lurking in the Perthshire Advertiser; the Jags were at Muirton Park in April 1952 →. Interesting side note: Jimmy McGowan faced up to his younger brother, Ally, for the one and only time in their professional careers!

Discovering new matches is always exciting - none more so than the one we found the other week hiding in plain sight in the Glasgow Herald - Partick Thistle 1 Rangers 0 →, a testimonial match for Frank Branscombe. We make that FIFTY FOUR Partick Thistle wins over Rangers, an excellent tally, even if it is out of fashion!

As a result of the aforementioned discovery, JOHN COLQUHOUN belatedly takes his place in our Goalies' Clean-Sheet Debutants Club →, and becomes the first Jag to do so against Rangers.

John's one of 177 goalies that we've had, and our end-of-season update table → (fully sortable) compares them at all at-a-glance. Jamie 'ratio' Sneddon is up to joint 13th in overall clean-sheets, with a great opportunity to rise next season.

tl;dr FTOF

Thank you.

rangers.png

20 minutes ago, Walter said:

It's true. McCall phoned him two hours after he signed for Airdrie. 

Which would then lead me to question as to whether he has signed a right back after all after he indicated at the meet the manager night he had- unless of course he was looking to sign Ballantyne as either cover or to challenge for a starting place

18 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Which would then lead me to question as to whether he has signed a right back after all after he indicated at the meet the manager night he had- unless of course he was looking to sign Ballantyne as either cover or to challenge for a starting place

When was this "meet the manager" night?

9 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Apparently 2 weeks ago

Why is there nothing about it on the official site? 

Edited by jagfox