The Partick Thistle thread

41 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m certain that we were bottom by the time McCall was appointed. Pretty sure I remember a game with Britton in charge where we were all optimistic because Caldwell was gone, and then got fucking bodied off Dunfermline 

Yes that’s right, we had 2 points out of 6 games and were 2 points clear at the bottom when McCall came in. On the same day as we got battered off Dunfermline, McCall took Ayr top of the league with a 4-1 win over Alloa. 

By the time that season was curtailed we were still 2 points clear at the bottom, albeit (as has been documented to death over the past 2 years) with a game in hand yet to be played. 

Edited by JagsCG

I’m sure members have all received an email, but that’s the elections for the TJF board opened. Lots of good candidates, including P&B’s own @Ad Lib. Hopefully once the new board is in place, we can get moving towards fan ownership and getting Low out of the club as quickly as possible. 

Thanks for your support oneteaminglasgow. The thing I’m most heartened by is that the Foundation has managed to persuade 12 people to stand for 9 positions, at relatively short notice, in the close season. Combine that with the fact that membership is up 9% since before the 3BC and Club statements, and it’s clear that there’s a solid and growing desire to make this work.

Obviously some of us are running on a slate with Jags For Change and a common platform, but there looks to be some really useful expertise and experience among the other candidates too. This bodes well.

4 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Thanks for that I'm guessing that your playing also?

I'll be there, will let you know on the day whether I can describe it as "playing" on the day...just out the back of Covid so it's going to be an adventure in seeing how fucked I am now.

26 minutes ago, forameus said:

I'll be there, will let you know on the day whether I can describe it as "playing" on the day...just out the back of Covid so it's going to be an adventure in seeing how fucked I am now.

You won't miss me I'm  the old guy wi a thistle top on

Seems there is a rumour going around that we’re after Aaron Muirhead again (he’s been offered a new deal at Ayr but yet to accept). Would be a bit of an under-whelming signing but I’d presume he’d be a backup/squad player at best. 

4 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Seems there is a rumour going around that we’re after Aaron Muirhead again (he’s been offered a new deal at Ayr but yet to accept). Would be a bit of an under-whelming signing but I’d presume he’d be a backup/squad player at best. 

Another player who like Holt lives in Summerpark in Dumfries .

Company for Holt on the drive to Glasgow every day .

You will easily offer double what Ayr offered him I as I have mentioned before you have a few players on over a £1000 a week most clubs can't get near what you pay 

Holty on £1200 heard it from a close reliable family member

You will easily offer double what Ayr offered him I as I have mentioned before you have a few players on over a £1000 a week most clubs can't get near what you pay 

How do you know what we’ve offered him and what Partick have offered him?

47 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Muirhead moved to Glasgow a few years ago

7 hours ago, Greenacres said:

DFpKwiWXsAAIsys.jpg