The Partick Thistle thread

This year's cull

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/player-update-9th-may-2022/

Suspected McCall would offer one or both of McKenna and Crawford a deal, Crawford probably needs to make sure he's played in his actual position rather than stuck out wide. 

No surprises elsewhere with Foster, Bell, Murray, and Hendrie all leaving as well as McKenna 

Edited by Fuctifano

2 hours ago, milhouse said:

A real collection of morons there. Charlie Adam ridiculing the size of support at the ICT v Thistle play-off - clearly only thinks his big team has any relevance - and Alan Rough, a PTFC director, dropping hints about one of our key players leaving.

Alan Rough displaying just the kind of professionalism you have come to expect from the current board. 

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

No real surprises. Said previously I’d have kept Hendrie as backup but equally not too disappointed he’s been moved on. Would love to see Mayo back next season but that’s probably even more unlikely than Tiffoney still being a Thistle player. 

I am absolutely ecstatic that I will never have to watch Richard Foster or Ciaran McKenna play for us again.

I suppose if Crawford is here to provide depth in central midfield, and not to play out wide, then I’m fine with that.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I wonder if Hendrie will somehow inexplicably get another full-time gig despite being uniformly terrible across his entire career in Scottish football.

Hendrie was ok for us. The rumour seems to be that he’s going to Queens Park. 

I wonder if Hendrie will somehow inexplicably get another full-time gig despite being uniformly terrible across his entire career in Scottish football.

Was he not distinctly average at Accies, leading to some amount of surprise that West Ham paid a seven figure fee for him?

What's the situation with Crawford, has he been playing centre mid?  Genuinely surprised if he's been punted out wide and still re-signs.  Don't know what McCalls fascination with playing him as a winger is when he goes on about how brilliant a centre mid he is.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

What's the situation with Crawford, has he been playing centre mid?  Genuinely surprised if he's been punted out wide and still re-signs.  Don't know what McCalls fascination with playing him as a winger is when he goes on about how brilliant a centre mid he is.

This is McCall we are talking about!

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

That's a new name added to the potential heads gone watch list.

Why do you reckon heads gone fella? Cos you don't agree? Is this not a forum to put forward opinions? Do i have to consult the clique first? I'm sorry that i have the cheek to bother all you Docherty lovers. Why don't you start a Ross Docherty appreciation thread the you can all wet yourselves over him.

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

No, we’ve had Bannigan and Docherty centre midfield, Tiffoney left wing and one of Turner, Smith or Crawford on the right pretty much all season. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

No, we’ve had Bannigan and Docherty centre midfield, Tiffoney left wing and one of Turner, Smith or Crawford on the right pretty much all season. 

f**k, he's playing him on the right? :lol: At least when we had him on the left he could cut in on his right foot.  McCalls a slut for a centre mid out wide.  Usually had McDaid (in the tiffoney attacking role) and Crawford for us, sometimes Geggan right mid with McDaid on the left.

On 08/05/2022 at 12:16, DiegoDiego said:
On 08/05/2022 at 11:49, D said:

Why should you have been nowhere near relegation? You clearly had one of the worst squads in the league and COVID or not would’ve finished in the bottom two.

With our budget we should have been nowhere near relegation, is presumably what he means.

We were second bottom when Caldwell was sacked in September 2019. Money was available to McCall to improve the squad and make the play-offs. IIRC Kenny Miller, Ben Hall, Raffael Da Vita, Mitch Austin, Osman Kaka (end of loan) and Cammy Palmer (end of loan) left. 

McCall brought in Zac Rudden, Brian Graham, Darian McKinnon, Lewis Mayo (loan), Jamie Barjonas (loan) and Lee O'Connor (loan). Yet we were rock bottom, after an abysmal run, when the season ended early. 

ETA - McCall also bought Blair Lyons in January 2020 and loaned him back to Montrose for the rest of the season. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Why do you reckon heads gone fella? Cos you don't agree? Is this not a forum to put forward opinions? Do i have to consult the clique first?

Sorry, I would answer your questions but I'll need to see your clique membership first.