The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, Mediocre Pundit said:

Has everyone else had their Jags Foundation monthly payment cancelled? Assume it’s not just me and is linked to the recent shenanigans?

Yeah same, they said in one of the statements they weren't going to take anymore money for now until things are clearer.

Foster is a complete weapon. With his experience he shouldn't be biting to fans rightfully criticising the performance. He also shouldn’t recklessly fly in to tackles any time we’re getting beat.

He's seemed like an absolute liability at Thistle with his temper. Proper wee arsehole that if its not going his way he'll just have a shot at snapping someone. Shitebag behaviour, but at least it's actually towards a fellow player. Any idea what was said? 

On 23/04/2022 at 19:00, Fuctifano said:

Jakubiak is great with back to goal but when that rebound fell to him early in the second half today I'd have given him about a 1% chance of scoring. Hopefully there's some weird scenario where he has a Rudden 2021 style bump in finishing in the playoffs but it's hard to envisage. 

IT'S HAPPENING

GET HYPE

Unless anything seriously out of order was said to Foster (guessing it wasn’t) that’s a terrible reaction to a bit of fan ‘criticism’ after a poor first half. Best to do your talking on the park than squaring up to some young supporters at a match yet to be completed. 

That Foster altercation honestly made the night all the more sweeter. I was the other side of the seggy and watched it all unfold. Crazy scenes to see that reaction from a player to his OWN fans, was it Kenny Arthur that came in to play peacemaker? Some guy the BBC have working for them, Foster 🤣🤣🤣🤣

11 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Unless anything seriously out of order was said to Foster (guessing it wasn’t) that’s a terrible reaction to a bit of fan ‘criticism’ after a poor first half. Best to do your talking on the park than squaring up to some young supporters at a match yet to be completed. 

There is a suggestion of what was said over on WAT, how true or not i don't know as i was not in attendance and have not seen the video.

Our squad is so weak. Yes we have a decent 12/13 players who are more than capable of doing well at this level but once you get past them we struggle big style. Particularly in the attacking third. Graham is good but looks worn out, Jak runs about and creates but doesn't really possess a goal threat and the less said about alegria the better quite frankly.

14 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Our squad is so weak. Yes we have a decent 12/13 players who are more than capable of doing well at this level but once you get past them we struggle big style. Particularly in the attacking third. Graham is good but looks worn out, Jak runs about and creates but doesn't really possess a goal threat and the less said about alegria the better quite frankly.

Graham has needed a long rest for months now. He’s just waddling about up front at this point. I know we’re pushed for options because the rest of them just haven’t been good enough, but he clearly can’t go 90 minutes every week right now.

It doesn’t help that McCall never substitutes him either due to his ability to help out defending set pieces.

Alegria is so, so shite. It’s really frustrating because he looks like he should have the raw abilities to be decent, but he just isn’t. That miss last night just summed it up - he’s either done nothing in games, or actively hindered our chances. I know he wasn’t McCall’s first choice (was it Lee Erwin we were trying to get?) but it definitely was a mistake bringing him in.

That said, I still think attempting to replace Ross MacIver (who is also shite) was the correct course of action. Seeing a bit of revisionism about him on Twitter which I’m find utterly baffling.