The Partick Thistle thread

I'll say it. At the start of the season I would happily have accepted a top 5 finish so to get to the play offs (almost certainly) means we've exceeded expectations and the team should be congratulated for that. Yes we've been brutal since January and perhaps a little unlucky with injuries/covid but just shows that you need a strong squad to be genuine promotion contenders. I do think for next season we need someone who can actually score goals as there's no way Graham can play every game. Let's just enjoy the play offs, whatever they throw at us.

I quite like jakubiak but he might need to do a christie elliot and radically change position, agree with others that he doesnt ever look like scoring. He is better than some of the traffic cones we've had up front the last few years and isnt an empty shirt at least. Would be grand if he somehow solves our rb problem (none are great going forward) and turns into our own wee Cafu...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Everyone ready for the Payrtick Thistle love in next week where you kick the ball into your own net a couple of times and we all laugh as Dunfermline finish 9th?

Ayrstria - Jagmany.

Harr harr.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely
Wouldve multiquoted but it deserves its own post imo

8 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I quite like jakubiak but he might need to do a christie elliot and radically change position, agree with others that he doesnt ever look like scoring. He is better than some of the traffic cones we've had up front the last few years and isnt an empty shirt at least. Would be grand if he somehow solves our rb problem (none are great going forward) and turns into our own wee Cafu...

He's only only loan so I doubt McCall will have time to turn him into the next Anthony Ralston unfortunately.

On 23/04/2022 at 13:45, Smurph said:

Saw last night that both Barnsley and Nancy, owned by Chien Lee - who was once interested in buying us, have both been relegated. He owns eight clubs now including Kaiserslautern, Den Bosch and Oostende, amongst others.

Didn’t really like the idea at the time but feel we’ve really dodged a bullet there, especially now with the talk of fan ownership, which would have been a lot harder to wrestle from him than Low I’d imagine.

Would be some pre-season trip though.

She won’t leave, has no intention of giving up control or allowing anything close to a fan ownership model that actually allows fans to control the club.

In her minds eye, this is her club and we are lucky to have her.

Watch her over next 10 days carve up the pretense of fan ownership to install herself as lifetime President, Chair and Supreme Leader of the club.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Looks like the Jags #itk crowd knew more than the media types linking him with Aberdeen, Hibs, etc after all.

Very good signing.

Been signed on pre contract for months..just glad its official now.

Excellent. I make that 13 senior players plus James Lyon signed up for next season. Key will be replacing likes of Gordon and Murray with guys who can contribute at Championship level*. 

*if we somehow go up f**k knows what we'll do. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Now it’ll be interesting to see if we also sign Reading as Scott Burns was suggesting, and possibly play Milne higher up?

Or if that was just another reporter doing the old 2+2 thing with ‘Thistle position of need’ + ‘this guy plays for Ayr’ = we must be in for him.

Either way, delighted with this signing.

Now it’ll be interesting to see if we also sign Reading as Scott Burns was suggesting, and possibly play Milne higher up?
Or if that was just another reporter doing the old 2+2 thing with ‘Thistle position of need’ + ‘this guy plays for Ayr’ = we must be in for him.

Scott Burns is usually spot on tbf to him. Only way I can see you signing Reading now is to play him at right back. No idea how capable he is in that position but I wouldn’t write it off.

I would not be that disappointed if you guys signed Redding loads of potential but has not really kicked on since the start of the season when he looked like he was going to be a superstar.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Scott Burns is usually spot on tbf to him. Only way I can see you signing Reading now is to play him at right back. No idea how capable he is in that position but I wouldn’t write it off.

Being incapable of playing there hasn’t stopped our current right back from getting a game.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

F65A0B7A-F09C-43CE-9AB3-F7B0889A219F.jpeg.cef8a00f4bc67fe0091ceb42a3eca908.jpeg

With condolences to @CoveRangers1922

Awesome piece of business guys. Harry is outstanding full stop. His pace, power, desire and end product is exemplary. With FT training he'll continue to improve.

He's so strong running with the ball at his feet and goes into every challenge 100%.

Hopefully you go up this season so I don't need to him play against us!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Excellent. I make that 13 senior players plus James Lyon signed up for next season. Key will be replacing likes of Gordon and Murray with guys who can contribute at Championship level*. 
*if we somehow go up f**k knows what we'll do. 
Got a list you can C&P here?