The Partick Thistle thread

Saw last night that both Barnsley and Nancy, owned by Chien Lee - who was once interested in buying us, have both been relegated. He owns eight clubs now including Kaiserslautern, Den Bosch and Oostende, amongst others.

Didn’t really like the idea at the time but feel we’ve really dodged a bullet there, especially now with the talk of fan ownership, which would have been a lot harder to wrestle from him than Low I’d imagine.

Would be some pre-season trip though.

Edited by Smurph

Just now, Arnold Layne said:

Rudden believed his Agent's hype and left for "better things" about a year too early. We could have done with him for the last few months. What's done is done. He's yours now.

There must be some way of cancelling a PCA.

He's slow, he's got a shite first touch and isn't that good in the air. I genuinely don't see what he brings. He's a young laddie, currently playing in an utter gang of a team tbf to him, but he's not looked to show any sort of promise. I'd rather the Jak back.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's slow, he's got a shite first touch and isn't that good in the air. I genuinely don't see what he brings. He's a young laddie, currently playing in an utter gang of a team tbf to him, but he's not looked to show any sort of promise. I'd rather the Jak back.

I’m not sure that playing under Mark McGhee is a fair time to massively judge any player.

That said, he was utterly dreadful for us for over a year before scoring a tap in and then looking like a completely different player. So maybe this is just his thing and he takes ages to settle in anywhere. 

6 hours ago, Smurph said:

Saw last night that both Barnsley and Nancy, owned by Chien Lee - who was once interested in buying us, have both been relegated. He owns eight clubs now including Kaiserslautern, Den Bosch and Oostende, amongst others.

Didn’t really like the idea at the time but feel we’ve really dodged a bullet there, especially now with the talk of fan ownership, which would have been a lot harder to wrestle from him than Low I’d imagine.

Would be some pre-season trip though.

Was it not Nice that he was involved with ?

Rudden leaving for a team who were in grave danger of relegation in January, and which is now looking almost certain, was stupid, which tbf everyone said at the time. Could easily have seen out the season with us then jumped ship to eg Killie and guaranteed himself Premiership football next season. 

Jakubiak is great with back to goal but when that rebound fell to him early in the second half today I'd have given him about a 1% chance of scoring. Hopefully there's some weird scenario where he has a Rudden 2021 style bump in finishing in the playoffs but it's hard to envisage. 

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He took a long time to get going with us too. Balls bounced off him, he couldn’t control a thing. Then towards the end of last season a ball bounced off him into the net vs Clyde and he went on a mental run of scoring in about 7 successive games or something and started this season off well too.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Rudden is, at best, a Championship player. He will be back where he belongs (with you) next season.. 

Jakubiak's contract was extended by a year when he joined us on loan.  There's good reasons why he has had 10 loans in 10 years 

You're stuck with them. Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Rudden is, at best, a Championship player. He will be back where he belongs (with you) next season.. 

Jakubiak's contract was extended by a year when he joined us on loan.  There's good reasons why he has had 10 loans in 10 years 

You're stuck with them. Enjoy!

You seem a bit bitter m8.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

You lads want Rudden back? Utter shite.

It was a stupid move for the boy and based on what you’ve said, he’ll be realising that now. He’s better than Jakubiak though. 

1 hour ago, JudgeMudge said:

Wondering if Jakubiak could end up being our best striker who never scored a goal for us? L

Think that’s probably fair. 

Edited by JagsCG

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

Odd that there was no one from Partick Thistle in the directors box today, have you managed to chase them already?

Our directors sit in a directors box within the Jackie Husband Stand rather than the box your directors were sitting in this afternoon - it's been that way all season.

24 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Not bitter M9,  It's you who is obviously upset that you've signed Rudden and extended Jakubiak's deal.

We should get well over £100k compensation for Rudden as he's been capped at U21 level since he joined us.

Good luck with that.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Everyone ready for the Payrtick Thistle love in next week where you kick the ball into your own net a couple of times and we all laugh as Dunfermline finish 9th?

I'd quite happily see Thistle lose to you and see Dunfermline crash into the play offs.

Edited by Highlandmagyar Tier 3