The Partick Thistle thread

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think we’ve got nine players out of contract at the end of the season: Foster, Bell, Hendrie, McKenna, Crawford, Gordon, Lyons, MacIver and Murray.

Wouldn’t keep a single one of them. Would also be desperately trying to convince Cammy Smith to f**k off to America again. 

Cammy Smith must have some dirt on him to continually get a start.  Absolute waste of a signing.

I don’t believe that McCalls main attacking targets in the January transfer window would have been an injury prone McCallister, Jackubiak who for a striker does have a pretty poor goalscoring record and a completely unproven Allegria- who has turned out to be hopeless.

Purely guessing but I think we are completely skint and there was basically no money for signings in January.  I think Dundee will be picking up nearly all of Jackubiaks wage and Rangers Allegria.

Somethig is definitely not right behind the scenes I believe

Two pumpings in a row and suddenly Thistle start making McCall’s post-match ramblings free to watch. I could understand doing that if we’re winning games and people might actually want to listen to him, but after these two games? f**k off, Thistle. Such a stupid club.

31 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Two pumpings in a row and suddenly Thistle start making McCall’s post-match ramblings free to watch. I could understand doing that if we’re winning games and people might actually want to listen to him, but after these two games? f**k off, Thistle. Such a stupid club.

Unless.....conspiracy theory alert !!

8 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Mind Partick fans saying they were going to win their games in hand and win the league ?🤣🤣🤣.

That was more the BBC during every Friday night Championship game. 

The BBC’s local club, one of their pundits plays for them, you can see why they were pushing that angle.

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

No. Let’s see those posts so we can laugh at them.

I'd guess everyone mocking Partick fans is pretty much just doing it based off this, which tbf is outstanding now.

What’s this chatter about financial worries and fan ownership facing problems? 

A quick look back at the recent history of the thistle boardroom paints a picture of how the current situation has been created: 

2018/19 (ish)

- JLow appointed to board to represent wealthy investor. 

- After Premiership relegation, boardroom changes happen and JLow takes over, enjoys the limelight as a figurehead. Lots of promises made including new training ground. 

- Roughly one year on, JLow and her board were kicked out of the club when a potential new ownership group appeared expressing an interest in buying the club.

- JLow releases press announcements that Colin weir is to withdraw funding from club amid concerns of the proposed ownership model, anticipated fan reaction perhaps? 

- Colin weir buys the shareholding in club via company called three black cats, Jlow the only other company director of 3BC. 

- Jlow returns as the representative of the new majority shareholding company. Pals returned to board positions. Colin weir money earmarked for training ground has now gone into the purchase of the club, no training ground as promised by Jlow previously 

- Jlow announces plan for ‘fan ownership’ not a ‘fan run’ just ownership of shares and a place on the board?   In this model, the current board remain in positions of power and control, but financial liability of said individuals is completely minimised. Do these current board members put financial investment into club? Or is it Colin weir who will be responsible for funding the future of the club?   At this point fan reps hand selected by JLow to be involved in boardroom 

- Sadly, Colin weir passes. Potentially Three black cats has no further source of income, one sole director remains, JLow 

- Covid hits, club announces in past year it made a ‘small operational profit’. Closer inspection shows that 500k has been added to club during this year, meanwhile three black cats company has passed 500k onto a subsidiary of said company. Presumption is this is authorised by the sole company director - Jlow 

- Ptfc majority shareholding company three black cats is controlled by one director named JLow, Ptfc board is controlled by one main person JLow. Fan ownership has been constructed in a way to pass on the club, assets and financial responsibility to those who are underprepared for what this truly means (the fans).  While individuals on the current board - do they put any personal Investment into the club? Or is the Colin weir funding source now drying up? 

The big question for the main person who has ran the club to this point. Are you prepared to provide information on the plans moving forward? Is the current board or individuals who constructed this situation now in the process of trying to pass on what has been created to unwitting fans? 

What is the current situation at the club?  

- what is the plan to fund the club as a going concern beyond the end of this season? Stadium in need of repair, pitch in need of repair, large number of players out of contract needing replaced in the summer (either with new contracts or new players), current club staff contracts to be honoured or paid up redundancies? Womens team to be funded? Youth teams to be funded? What’s the club plan and who’s paying for it? 

So many questions to be answered and very few answers coming from the main players who have created this situation.  

Jlow, where are you?  

At the start of the season if you had offered a season of solid consolidation it wouldn't have been an exciting option but given the turmoil of the previous seasons, I would have probably have taken that. 

But it's impossible now not to look at this season as anything other than a massive missed opportunity. We might not have won the league but we should certainly have been challenging for the title rather than now scrambling to try and hang on for a play-off position. The prospects of coming through six play-off games and win promotion? Not good. 

So what's gone wrong? 

In modern football how successful a manager is directly related to how well they do business in the transfer windows. 

We've had a disastrous January/Winter window. 

I can't pretend to know the dynamic between the Club and Rudden but from the outside there doesn't seem any logic in allowing him to go to Dundee when we didn't need to. 

I don't mind Jakubiak but Alegria is as bad as they come. Constantly looking for fouls. That's two games in a row now that he has been writhing in apparent agony looking for a free kick that was never coming. Last night actually while we are on the attack. Booked for persistent fouling against Hamilton inside 15 minutes thus blunting any physical presence he might have had. Hooked twice with no real other striking option available says it all. 

If Graham and/or Jakubiak are still unavailable then we will have little option but to go with Alegria again at Killie on Saturday. It's essentially leaving us a man down. There is no out ball. I know MacIver isn't everyone's cup of tea and he certainly has limitations but he is 100 times the player Alegria is. He would have offered some option in the last two games, he would have won aerial balls and given the midfielders something to feed off. Allowing him to go out on loan and be replaced by Alegria was another window mistake. 

I like McCall. He was who I wanted as manager and he is still the man I want as manager now. I don't think he can afford to have two bad transfer windows in a row though. 

Edited by John MacLean

11 hours ago, Nightmare said:

As usual, McCall blames the players but not his team selection, formation and tactics. 

It was his decision to play defenders and midfielders out of position.

When is the manager going to take his responsibility for abysmal performances and humiliating defeats?

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That was more the BBC during every Friday night Championship game. 

The BBC’s local club, one of their pundits plays for them, you can see why they were pushing that angle.

The BBC usually describes Foster as an ex-Rangers player. The fact that he currently plays for us is ignored.

The BBC is totally obsessed by the Old Firm. Its coverage of Scottish football, especially the Championship and lower divisions, is dreadful for a. supposed public service broadcaster. BT and Sky are as bad or even worse.