The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, kerly said:

One man’s dream doesn’t seem to match the hole supports  view of how football should be run

Are masses of Thistle supporters against the broad idea of Fan Ownership? More likely (certainly from what I’ve seen) people have fair questions about how it’ll work, are sceptical or currently unconvinced for various reasons - I haven’t seen many fans opposed entirely to this model of ownership as a future way forward. 

On 21/03/2022 at 10:46, kerly said:

The board might need this information if they ever get round to fixing up the main stand

The cost of upgrading the main stand, fixing the roof and seats in the JH stand, tidying up the disgraceful bing and sorting the mud heap of a pitch would only bankrupt us. We are skint. Financial troubles seem to be coming over the horizon.

On 12/03/2022 at 10:01, The_Kincardine said:

Yeah he's very much an inbetweener.  Just not sure what we'll do with him.

Thanks for the input, chaps.  Very much appreciated.

Just by the way, now we’ve got a larger sample size, he’s fucking hopeless. Looks like he doesn’t know what he’s supposed to be doing.

Gone from a several point gap above inverness to a point behind them and raith just 3 behind us now.

Allegria is as good as a man down and we're not controlling games + getting cut through the defence/gifting away goals. Really poor. I'll cut mccall a bit of slack but we've made an arse of the january transfer window, pretty much 100% duds brought in.

Another McCall team falling apart as soon as the calendar turns to March. We know how this works, as do Ayr fans.

A pathetic capitulation brought on by an imbalanced squad with players being played out of position every week.

Lucky to make playoffs, and honestly if we missed out it might not be the worst thing - because it would save us getting embarrassed in them.

8 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

The cost of upgrading the main stand, fixing the roof and seats in the JH stand, tidying up the disgraceful bing and sorting the mud heap of a pitch would only bankrupt us. We are skint. Financial troubles seem to be coming over the horizon.

No wonder you are struggling financially one of your defenders is on £1200 a week  heard that from a very good source 

I think we’ve got nine players out of contract at the end of the season: Foster, Bell, Hendrie, McKenna, Crawford, Gordon, Lyons, MacIver and Murray.

Wouldn’t keep a single one of them. Would also be desperately trying to convince Cammy Smith to f**k off to America again. 

We really made a c**t of the Rudden situation, fair enough he wanted to go but you're not going to convince me Jakubiak was our intended replacement. 

Alegria has been pish, Maciver wouldn't have been any better but ironic for him that the 3rd choice striker is finally getting a game. 

Crawford was a very odd signing, we already had about 809 central mids and he's not even been playing in that position. 

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think we’ve got nine players out of contract at the end of the season: Foster, Bell, Hendrie, McKenna, Crawford, Gordon, Lyons, MacIver and Murray.

Wouldn’t keep a single one of them. Would also be desperately trying to convince Cammy Smith to f**k off to America again. 

Couple of weeks ago I could have been persuaded about Foster and McKenna as backups but wouldn't even have them for that now.