The Partick Thistle thread

On 08/03/2022 at 18:18, thenolly said:

Fan ownership (or this carnation) will collapse over next 10 days. 

More to come (much more).

Is this related?

Gavin Taylor, The Jags Foundation representative, has resigned from the club due to "business commitments" - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/gavin-taylor-steps-down-from-partick-thistle-board/.

ETA - He has resigned as TJF chairman too - https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/gavin-taylor-steps-down-as-tjf-chairman/. "Gavin can no longer devote the time required at this important point in the process due to increasing work commitments."

Not good news!

😟

Edited by Bishop Briggs

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

How's Mayo doing for you?  Is he being played at CB as he should?

Early impressions of Alegria?

Mayo has been outstanding pretty much all season. Has all the attributes to go far in the game.

Alegria has looked impressive so far. Has a brilliant first touch, can handle himself physically and is unlucky not to have 3 or 4 goals to his name already. 

26 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Mayo has been outstanding pretty much all season. Has all the attributes to go far in the game.

Alegria has looked impressive so far. Has a brilliant first touch, can handle himself physically and is unlucky not to have 3 or 4 goals to his name already. 

My impression of Lewis - based on watching him on RTV - is that he's a hard-working boy with decent talent who is ready for a step up.  He'll be 22 shortly so no longer a kid.  Would love to see him in our first team.  Do you think he's ready?

Less sure about Alegria  - but he's 3 years younger.  Maybe need to up his work rate or am I being harsh?

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

My impression of Lewis - based on watching him on RTV - is that he's a hard-working boy with decent talent who is ready for a step up.  He'll be 22 shortly so no longer a kid.  Would love to see him in our first team.  Do you think he's ready?

Less sure about Alegria  - but he's 3 years younger.  Maybe need to up his work rate or am I being harsh?

I would be surprised to see Mayo in Rangers first team next season. As good as I think he is, he’d be a downgrade on Goldson or Balogun. I think he could get there, but that it would probably be too soon for him. If we go up, I’d like to keep him but if we don’t I would expect that Rangers would try to loan him to a Premiership side to test him at that level first.

Alegria’s work rate seems fine to me, to be honest. I think he has a lot of good attributes, but he’s still very raw. He was unlucky not to score twice against Caley, but then really struggled to get into it at all against Queens - admittedly the rest of our team couldn’t string two passes together while he was on against them so not sure I’d blame him for that.  Whatever happens with us, he shouldn’t be back playing in the B team next season as he’s clearly too good for that level already and won’t be learning anything from playing the likes of Vale of Leithen. 

22 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I would be surprised to see Mayo in Rangers first team next season. As good as I think he is, he’d be a downgrade on Goldson or Balogun. I think he could get there, but that it would probably be too soon for him. If we go up, I’d like to keep him but if we don’t I would expect that Rangers would try to loan him to a Premiership side to test him at that level first.

Tricky.  Both are out  of contract so, as it stands, our two central defenders for 2022/23 are Mayo and Souttar with Helander when he's fit.  We'd have to play football differently if those are the options.

22 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Alegria’s work rate seems fine to me, to be honest. I think he has a lot of good attributes, but he’s still very raw. He was unlucky not to score twice against Caley, but then really struggled to get into it at all against Queens - admittedly the rest of our team couldn’t string two passes together while he was on against them so not sure I’d blame him for that.  Whatever happens with us, he shouldn’t be back playing in the B team next season as he’s clearly too good for that level already and won’t be learning anything from playing the likes of Vale of Leithen. 

Yeah he's very much an inbetweener.  Just not sure what we'll do with him.

Thanks for the input, chaps.  Very much appreciated.

Screenshot_20220315-123119_Chrome.jpg

Didn't the fans somehow vote for Balatoni as the player of the season for 12/13 because he responded to people on twitter? 

That aside, well deserved. No doubt Archibald will be one of the other inductees, was surprised he's not in it already. 

Edited by Fuctifano

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Screenshot_20220315-123119_Chrome.jpg

Didn't the fans somehow vote for Balatoni as the player of the season for 12/13 because he responded to people on twitter? 

That aside, well deserved. No doubt Archibald will be one of the other inductees, was surprised he's not in it already. 

I hope that Jackie Campbell is one of the inductees. He deserves his own place in the Hall of Fame with Rough, McQuade, Rae and Bone. 

ETA - Another deserving inductee is Willie Bulloch, captain of the 1921 cup winning team, who made 474 appearances in 13 seasons.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

There's not really many left from my era (1990 onwards), Archibald will be in this time and you can probably make a case for Bannigan in a few years. 

Guys like Mark Roberts and Martin Hardie are probably the next level down, problem is you can't keep inducting people or we'll end up with Gabriel Piccolo in there...

Jimmy Davidson should have been in long ago as should Campbell.  Would expect both to be in this time. 

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I hope that Jackie Campbell is one of the inductees. He deserves his own place in the Hall of Fame with Rough, McQuade, Rae and Bone. 

ETA - Another deserving inductee is Willie Bulloch, captain of the 1921 cup winning team, who made 474 appearances in 13 seasons.

Campbell is a legend. A consumate professional. 

On 18/03/2022 at 21:19, Arnold Layne said:

Beware the ides of March as was once stated.

Expect some spin next week, but the foundation is as stable as the clubs finances (which is the enormous mammoth in the room that should not be discussed).