The Partick Thistle thread

18 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think in all likelihood we’ll be looking to muster up some 1-0’s in that period and not much else. Which I’d definitely take. We did look good in the second half on Tuesday without him and created some great chances, so maybe we can find a way to play without him.

In other news, rumour on Twitter that we’ve signed Harry Milne on a pre-contract for next season. Left back at Cove, anyone know if he’s any good? 

I'd be amazed if Harry's signed for Partick. He's a terrific LWB with pace, power and quality delivery. Won't see many stronger in the challenge and defensively solid in the air. FT he'd undoubtedly improve to another level.

Probably our best player to be fair with Mitch, Blair, Shay behind.

I'd like to know the source of the info. Can't see it happening but if true you have got some player.

18 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'd be amazed if Harry's signed for Partick. He's a terrific LWB with pace, power and quality delivery. Won't see many stronger in the challenge and defensively solid in the air. FT he'd undoubtedly improve to another level.

I'd like to know the source of the info. Can't see it happening but if true you have got some player.

Why would it be so hard to believe that a player would sign for Thistle from Cove Rangers?

37 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Why would it be so hard to believe that a player would sign for Thistle from Cove Rangers?

Sorry I didn't mean it like that.

Partick, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching in L1 last season and in the Championship this season and are a team that can progress to the SPL. I know Harry's sister and brother-in-law very well and although I'm not in know with this potential move, I do know he loves playing for Cove, is an Aberdeenshire lad, doesn't chase the money or hasn't got a burning desire to be a FT footballer. He's driven but also a guy with a business degree and wants to use that. 

Not saying this rumour isn't true, as I said I don't know more than everyone else here, but think it would be unlikely or the move would be for a non-football reason.

Timing doesn't fit in that great with me. Not like we're struggling hugely and going nowhere. Definitely Partick have more chance for progression up the leagues right now than us.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

As I said, it’s just a Twitter rumour I seen so no idea how true it is, but did say it was signed rather than just we were interested.

Sounds like it’d be a good move, if it’s true but that might be a big if. 

Milne would be a really good signing, so I'm hoping there is truth to this rumour.

I can definitely see why McCall would be interested. Our 4 FBs right now are Foster, McKenna, Holt and Hendrie, and there's no pace at all between the lot of them.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think in all likelihood we’ll be looking to muster up some 1-0’s in that period and not much else. Which I’d definitely take. We did look good in the second half on Tuesday without him and created some great chances, so maybe we can find a way to play without him.

In other news, rumour on Twitter that we’ve signed Harry Milne on a pre-contract for next season. Left back at Cove, anyone know if he’s any good? 

He was excellent in the cup game against Hibs a few weeks back*.

If thats his typical level of performance it would be a great bit of business. 

*Waiting for someone to tell me he didnt actually play in that match or was utter shite and that I've totally misremembered that entire match!

42 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

*Waiting for someone to tell me he didnt actually play in that match or was utter shite and that I've totally misremembered that entire match!

Nah, I watched it too and he was decent. I would certainly be happy with that signing too. 

46 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

He did play and excelled. He also contained Martin Boyle admirably when he played Hibs at Balmoral the previous season in the league cup. 

He's always been a LB who is strong offensively but since we've switched to playing 3 CH's with 2 wing backs, he's had far more opportunity to stretch his legs.

Would be kick in the baws to lose him and a real struggle to recruit anyone close especially if we remain PT 

Very few of our players I'd strongly recommend outside Harry. Mitch and Blair would be ones I'd not like to lose either.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 minutes ago, thenolly said:

Fan ownership (or this carnation) will collapse over next 10 days. 

More to come (much more).

Gardening thread for this pish.

Also, pics or gtf.

Edited by velo army

59 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

IIRC Lyons, like other players out on loan, has played in the Glasgow Cup for us this season.

Given our game tonight, will he play against Celtic tomorrow? Niang, Lyon and MacIver are other possibilities.

Couldn’t care less.

19 hours ago, thenolly said:

Fan ownership (or this carnation) will collapse over next 10 days. 

More to come (much more).

There was fans handing out flyers about for the Jags foundation at the game last night. I think that may have been the first time I've ever seen that at the game, wonder why they're only doing this now*

*They may have already been there and I'd had quite a few in the Woody and never noticed. 

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Mayo called up by the 21s and will miss the games away to Dunfermline and Kilmarnock.

Find these international call-ups of under 21's that interrupt league fixtures quite annoying tbh.