The Partick Thistle thread

19 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Will we not be playing the Dundee Utd match without a sub keeper, if we don’t bring another one in before Saturday? (Due to McCready being cup-tied). May be emergency loan though.

You need to field a goalkeeper on the bench for Scottish Cup matches. We have the options of emergency loaning a goalkeeper, loaning a goalkeeper for the entire rest of the season or sticking our under 18s goalkeeper on the bench. I don't think you can put a trialist on the bench in the Scottish Cup at this stage but haven't really had a look at the rules in great detail.

28 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

How many loan signings can we still make?

We're probably still three players short (keeper, defensive cover and another attacking option that isnt MacIver). Are we able to bring in three more loans?

We can make another two standard loans.

I don't know if it's just me not paying attention to other teams but I feel like we always end up having to play our 2nd choice keeper a lot more than others. Cerny and Fox seemed to be good for a spell out injured when they were 1st choice and Sneddon gets dropped by McCall before winning his spot back.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Yeah, plenty of memories of goalkeepers who only had a handful of appearances as a back up or emergency sign g playing in years over the years I have been watching Thistle some were okay a lot were at the start of end of their career and maybe not at their peak. Some were just shite.

We had a season in the mid-eighties where we had eight goalkeepers most of whom only played one game as a stsnd in.l

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Only got one more loan to go now, from what McCall was saying it'll be a defender 

An experienced right back with good pace would be ideal.

Transfermkt says that Andy Firth's contract with Sevco expires at the end of May

IIRC Gerrard took him to Ibrox because he has coaching abilities too.