The Partick Thistle thread

11 minutes ago, JustDom said:

I was thinking exactly this when Sneddon went down holding his knee in the first-half last night. I'd love for us to bring in someone to genuinely push Sneddon for a place, but more than likely it'll be someone in the youth ranks at the OF on an emergency.

If Sneddon had been badly injured, we'd be looking for two loan keepers for the cup-tie. That's assuming that McCready is good enough to start in the league.

It's a risky situation that should have been addressed by McCall during window. IIRC the Pars brought in a keeper on loanfrom Leicester City.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Not sure if the rules are still the same as they were pre covid, but if they are that was Graham's 6th booking of the season last night which means he'll miss the Dunfermline game on the 18th

Edit - Tiffoney , Foster and Docherty are all on 5. Docherty has also been booked in both Scottish cup games but don't know whether you need 2 or 3 to be suspended in that. Might as well tag @South Lanarkshire Jagfor clarity 

Edited by Fuctifano

12 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Not sure if the rules are still the same as they were pre covid, but if they are that was Graham's 6th booking of the season last night which means he'll miss the Dunfermline game on the 18th

Edit - Tiffoney , Foster and Docherty are all on 5. Docherty has also been booked in both Scottish cup games but don't know whether you need 2 or 3 to be suspended in that. Might as well tag @South Lanarkshire Jagfor clarity

I think the rules are now the same as in England where the 6 bookings need to be in the 1st half of the season so he'd need to get 12 bookings for a suspension now. SFA still has the old version of the rules on their site too though so who knows.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7311/scottish-fa-jpp-2020-21-nov-2020.pdf

Page 135

CCnbFHP.jpeg

Edited by Pie Of The Month

18 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Loan window is open until end Feb IIRC. I’m sure it would be really easy to get a decent young keeper on loan if Sneddon was injured - but probably harder to bring someone decent in if they’re just going to sit on the bench.

The window is open for domestic loans only so it won't be really easy to get someone decent. The sooner McCall gets one in the better. 

The options include Cervantes, Budinauckas (also Sevco) or Mullen (Celtic) - if they are not cup-tied nor needed for the Lowland League.

16 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Brian Graham isn't suspended. Six yellows need to be accumulated by 50% of the league season(so 19 games in Premiership, 18 games in the Championship), so they all now need to get to 12. If they succeed, they'll get a two game ban. 

Ross Docherty isn't suspended either. Due to the round we entered the Scottish Cup, players need three yellows to be booked for a suspension(Premiership clubs entered a round later so only need to get to two yellows). So Doc would miss our QF against Annan Athletic if he got booked against Dundee United. 

On 02/02/2022 at 18:06, tazz1903 said:

What's a picquet line? 😆

On 02/02/2022 at 18:12, Arnold Layne said:

It might have been better to look it up rather than embarrass yourself on here.

Posted yesterday at 18:12
  On 02/02/2022 at 18:06, tazz1903 said:

What's a picquet line? 😆

It might have been better to look it up rather than embarrass yourself on here.

Still waiting? Explain? 

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:
3 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:
It wasn't overturned, no. He'll be suspended for the Dundee United cup tie. 

Going by the sfa documents we didn't appeal against it

I didn’t mention anything about an appeal or lack of - just stating that it wasn’t and won’t be overturned thus he is suspended v Dundee United. 

Hi team,

I've just started up a Thistle blog just to get myself some experience in writing articles that go out to the public. It's incredibly basic looking the now, and I don't imagine I'll post the most groundbreaking stuff youve ever seen, but if anyone can help with a read here and a share there, it would be much appreciated

Thanks

https://maryhilliswonderful.wordpress.com/

11 hours ago, SteelConnor123 said:

Hi team,

I've just started up a Thistle blog just to get myself some experience in writing articles that go out to the public. It's incredibly basic looking the now, and I don't imagine I'll post the most groundbreaking stuff youve ever seen, but if anyone can help with a read here and a share there, it would be much appreciated

Thanks

https://maryhilliswonderful.wordpress.com/

Had a little look, reassuring im not the only one late to the party to get into football! Was euro 2004 for me, first ever thistle game i went to was a mad 4-4 with st johnstone in the cup a year or two later. Havent (generally, caldwell era aside) looked back since.

Good luck to ya. Havent made many games recently due to working evenings and weekends so found the squad list you've done there handy.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

9 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Had a little look, reassuring im not the only one late to the party to get into football! Was euro 2004 for me, first ever thistle game i went to was a mad 4-4 with st johnstone in the cup a year or two later. Havent (generally, caldwell era aside) looked back since.

Good luck to ya. Havent made many games recently due to working evenings and weekends so found the squad list you've done there handy.

Thank you mate! Reassuring for me too

So this is a complete hypothetical, but at what point does the utter disaster that is our pitch become a real concern as to us being able to fulfill our fixtures in a sensible timeframe?  We've got two (is that right?) more home games we need to reschedule, plus the away ones we've missed.  It seemingly doesn't take a huge amount to really f**k the pitch, particularly as it now seems to be that if we get bad weather, we get really bad weather over a short period of time.  The more games stack up, the worse the pitch is going to get.  Still a fair few midweeks we look like we can make use of, but what happens if the pitch just gets worse and worse?  Do we have to go begging someone for a pitch like we're a work's 11s team?

Obviously hypothetical hand-wringing, don't imagine it'll get that bad, just a thought.

10 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Brechin had to use Forfar's pitch a few years ago. Would guess it would have to get to playing Saturday - Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday stage before we get to that point. 

That was the 2012-13 season. It allowed Queens to keep up the curious statistic of securing all 3 of the league titles in our history at Station Park, Forfar, with a demolition of Brechin in March ‘13. 

6 hours ago, forameus said:

So this is a complete hypothetical, but at what point does the utter disaster that is our pitch become a real concern as to us being able to fulfill our fixtures in a sensible timeframe?  We've got two (is that right?) more home games we need to reschedule, plus the away ones we've missed.  It seemingly doesn't take a huge amount to really f**k the pitch, particularly as it now seems to be that if we get bad weather, we get really bad weather over a short period of time.  The more games stack up, the worse the pitch is going to get.  Still a fair few midweeks we look like we can make use of, but what happens if the pitch just gets worse and worse?  Do we have to go begging someone for a pitch like we're a work's 11s team?

Obviously hypothetical hand-wringing, don't imagine it'll get that bad, just a thought.

It is frustrating however we have had 2 games postponed because of the pitch 2  out of the 3 postponed games at Firhill (including todays) were due  to the pitch the other was due to Covid. I