The Partick Thistle thread

9 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Griffiths is a fat racist nonce, more of a Clyde type player imo.

Hes an unfit idiot. No more, no less.

The Skacel thing was more an idiot getting caught up in a song sung by fans of the club he supports.

The shitey nonce patter doesnt really stand up either.

4 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

The Skacel thing was more an idiot getting caught up in a song sung by fans of the club he supports.

So, would you take him if we could get him fit then?

The idiot thing isn't exclusive to him...

5 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

The racism charge was for what he said to a Wolves fan when he played for them, namely:

The comment, attributed to Griffiths, was sent to user @Zak_Iqbal and read: "f*** off back to your own country ya clown".

Which is undeniably racist (particularly as the target was British)

25 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

The racism charge was for what he said to a Wolves fan when he played for them, namely:

The comment, attributed to Griffiths, was sent to user @Zak_Iqbal and read: "f*** off back to your own country ya clown".

Which is undeniably racist (particularly as the target was British)

Didnt know that, always thought the racism thing was the Skacel song.

Not downplaying the obviously racist comment, but if it was during his Wolves days we are talking nearly 10 years ago. People can and do grow as they go through their 20s (obviously not all that much in Griffith's case) so just because he was making racist comments then doesnt necessarily mean he has any issue with race now.

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

So, would you take him if we could get him fit then?

The idiot thing isn't exclusive to him...

A fit and motivated Leigh Griffiths would still be in the Scotland squad, never mind anywhere near Thistle.

IF we could get him fit in a short period of time and IF we could rekindle his motivation to be a professional footballer, then I'd say it would be a no brainer if we had the option. The problem is those ifs are very big ifs so I'm not convinced his baggage is worth the risk.

The Skacel racist stuff was him getting caught up in the crowd, the Wolves racist stuff was more than 10 years ago. Does he need to be a current member of the BNP in order to meet the @Jacky1990 threshold for him being a racist piece of shit?

and there may have been found to be no criminality but a man in his 30s asking a 15 year old for pictures on Snapchat is horrendous behaviour and much more than being "an unfit idiot, no more, no less".

53 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The Skacel racist stuff was him getting caught up in the crowd, the Wolves racist stuff was more than 10 years ago. Does he need to be a current member of the BNP in order to meet the @Jacky1990 threshold for him being a racist piece of shit?

and there may have been found to be no criminality but a man in his 30s asking a 15 year old for pictures on Snapchat is horrendous behaviour and much more than being "an unfit idiot, no more, no less".

Where was the accusations of him being a racist when he was banging in goals against England or scoring regularly for Celtic? Genuinely, up until yesterday I had never heard anyone mention him being remotely racist other than singing the Skacel song. Even if he was racist a decade ago, he has shared changing rooms with countless players of different nationalities and ethnicities and there has never been a problem, so maybe he has learned and changed his (allegedly) racist views from the past? Are people not allowed to develop as a person? Are footballers immune to this because you dont like them?

As for the photos thing, there was never any suggestion that he knew what age the girl was. I'd say its bad chat for any father of f**k knows how many and seemingly in a relationship to be asking for photos of women in general. In my opinion, since he (allegedly) didnt know her age, its more creepy pervert rather than evidence he's some raging paedophile. 

Anyway, f**k this Griffiths chat, we will be nowhere near signing him so we can move on and talk about someone else.

10 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Youse? It's yous. 

Adding an E, ffs. 

typical of yous posh c***s. 

Away and take your face for a shite.

The e the end softens the s which is how it should be pronounced (see also use, ruse, peruse, muse, rise).

Well up for a square go to settle this (but being a posh c**t I'd suggest somewhere in strathbungo rather than that awful Ruel St).

Edited by velo army

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Away and take your face for a shite.

The e the end softens the s which is how it should be pronounced (see also use, ruse, peruse, muse, rise).

Well up for a square go to settle this (but being a posh c**t I'd suggest somewhere in strathbungo rather than that awful Ruel St).

This actually does make logical sense, but, y'know, f**k up anyway. 

Meet ye in Strathbungo for a spot of teeth-kicking. Pre or post match?

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hello. 

I see we've signed Rudden on a PCA.

What like as a player? Seems quite hot and cold.

Aye just read that. He is hot and cold but has great potential. If you get him this month which you probably will,  I wouldn’t say he is the player to dig you out of your current predicament but he is a decent player.

1 minute ago, Vinnyjag said:

Aye just read that. He is hot and cold but has great potential. If you get him this month which you probably will,  I wouldn’t say he is the player to dig you out of your current predicament but he is a decent player.

Can't see us giving you a 6 figure fee tbh but I hope we can come to some form of agreement.

I've heard his name hundreds of times but never really paid attention to him. Short term we're looking for a target man type - can he do that role or is he more of a pacy type or penalty box striker?

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hello. 

I see we've signed Rudden on a PCA.

What like as a player? Seems quite hot and cold.

Pretty much exactly that.

Not ready for top flight yet imo but absolutely will be a Premiership player in the future.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can't see us giving you a 6 figure fee tbh but I hope we can come to some form of agreement.

I've heard his name hundreds of times but never really paid attention to him. Short term we're looking for a target man type - can he do that role or is he more of a pacy type or penalty box striker?

He’s absolutely not a target man. Good penalty box striker, his play elsewhere on the pitch is extremely hit or miss though.

Give him chances and he’ll score plenty of goals