The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

How has Kyle Turner played this season?

Out of position, mostly. We’ve been using him as a wide midfielder, which he’s been ok at but he’s clearly better suited to playing centrally. 

He’s got some amount of assists from set pieces though, 

He is also a relegation manager who set us back a season.

As far as being set back goes, a season is absolutely nothing especially at this level. Clubs can turn their fortunes round very quickly which is what McCall has done.

For someone who spent every day wanking himself silly at McCall joining Thistle, you haven’t half backtracked and turned on the guy very quickly because he couldn’t keep your shambles of a squads head above water long enough for COVID to end the season.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

As far as being set back goes, a season is absolutely nothing especially at this level. Clubs can turn their fortunes round very quickly which is what McCall has done.

For someone who spent every day wanking himself silly at McCall joining Thistle, you haven’t half backtracked and turned on the guy very quickly because he couldn’t keep your shambles of a squads head above water long enough for COVID to end the season.

The shambles of a squad he made even worse with the dreadful January signings. Of course any manager wants his own squad, but he brought in awful players like O'Connor, McKinnon and Barjonas. Yes I was happy with the choice out of the supposed shortlist of Lennon,McCall and the then East Fifeanager( the name escapes me). He then proved to me that he wasn't what Thistle needed. As for last season?, the Covid break actually worked for him. If the season had continued I believe we wouldn't have won the league.

The shambles of a squad he made even worse with the dreadful January signings. Of course any manager wants his own squad, but he brought in awful players like O'Connor, McKinnon and Barjonas. Yes I was happy with the choice out of the supposed shortlist of Lennon,McCall and the then East Fifeanager( the name escapes me). He then proved to me that he wasn't what Thistle needed. As for last season?, the Covid break actually worked for him. If the season had continued I believe we wouldn't have won the league.

You’re telling me that the man who won the league last season and has you sitting with an extremely good chance of getting in the play offs isn’t the man you think Thistle need? You sure it isn’t that you just don’t like the guy? I know a lot of Ayr fans simply didn’t take to him and for that reason never really gave him the credit he deserved.

7 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

The shambles of a squad he made even worse with the dreadful January signings.

We also signed Graham, Rudden and Brownlie in that window, and agreed a deal for Ross Docherty. Not enough to keep us up, but three players there who’ve been a huge part of our success this (and last) and one who would’ve been had he not been injured. 

It also saw us convince another team to take Sean McGinty off our hands, which was a frankly remarkable bit of business. 

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We also signed Graham, Rudden and Brownlie in that window, and agreed a deal for Ross Docherty. Not enough to keep us up, but three players there who’ve been a huge part of our success this (and last) and one who would’ve been had he not been injured. 

It also saw us convince another team to take Sean McGinty off our hands, which was a frankly remarkable bit of business. 

Fair points.

29 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think it is very obvious that McCall is an excellent medium term manager, and plans ahead incredibly well. In the short term he struggled when appointed at both Ayr and Partick - making a few poor signings and struggling to improve things much. In an ideal world, he is the guy you want to take over at the end of a season. 

12 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Not at all. But if you want to use language of a neanderthal, then bang on.

If you knew about the addiction and circumstances leading to his departure first time around, why did you ask why he "walked out" on the club? 

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

As for last season?, the Covid break actually worked for him. If the season had continued I believe we wouldn't have won the league.

That’s about as relevant now as saying we wouldn’t have been relegated if the season wasn’t cut short in 2019/20. 

All this nonsense you’ve spouted on the last 2 pages, including having a go at our manager for having personal problems (which led to him leaving his job) over a decade ago, just to try & cover the fact you blatantly don’t like him. 

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

@Highlandmagyar Tier 3 really doesn't like McCall does he?

He doesnt like anyone. Including himself no doubt.

If McCall won us the Champions League he'd be moaning about how his hands were hands are sore from clapping and that its all McCall's fault.

Edited by Jacky1990