The Partick Thistle thread

30 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Shea Gordon has signed for Queens on loan .

Are we getting a decent midfield player 

Nope. Be prepared to only realise he’s been playing when he’s subbed off.

8 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

We are in real trouble if Alan Johnston thinks a player who can't even get a game for you is going to improve us .

With the best will in the world, your team is absolutely pish and there’s a number of guys who wouldn’t get a game for us but would improve you.

I’m not convinced that Shea Gordon is one of them mind you. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

With the best will in the world, your team is absolutely pish and there’s a number of guys who wouldn’t get a game for us but would improve you.

And yet in two visits to Palmerston this season we haven't disturbed their net!

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Not anyone who is dramatically improving anyone in this league. Flummoxed by how good u been in our matches but totally meh other games.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Behave yourself. Your team is better than ours over the piece, the League table tells no lies. But we've knocked you out of a cup and held you in the League as well as probably being robbed of at least a point on opening day. We've more than held our own head to head.

5 hours ago, Greenacres said:

He might score the odd goal but he is an absolute nothing footballer.

I'll be shocked if he is still playing full time football this time next year.

6 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Has potential but more of an impact player than a starter, moving to you guys however may be the making of him.If not he will be league 1 at best next season.

20 hours ago, Greenacres said:

No

He hides as the slightest hint of a match getting difficult but a minority of your support will gush for him because "he brings something different to the team" or scores a handful of worthless goals

2 hours ago, cilitbang said:

No

He hides as the slightest hint of a match getting difficult but a minority of your support will gush for him because "he brings something different to the team" or scores a handful of worthless goals

In our position no goals are worthless, a handful would be very welcome. We start of with very low expectations of players that Johnston signs anyway so it won't be a great surprise if Gordon isn't terribly good. Hopefully he'll surprise us all. 

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

In our position no goals are worthless, a handful would be very welcome. We start of with very low expectations of players that Johnston signs anyway so it won't be a great surprise if Gordon isn't terribly good. Hopefully he'll surprise us all. 

I'll clarify my interpretation of a "worthless goal". He will score the 4th or 5th goal in a 4/5 nil win.

2 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

I'll clarify my interpretation of a "worthless goal". He will score the 4th or 5th goal in a 4/5 nil win.

Now you're in the realms of fantasy talking about us inflicting such heavy defeats but I get your point. 

If he loves Thistle so much, then why did he walk out on the club in his first spell?

The man was struggling 24/7 with a horrendous addiction. I think you can cut the guy some slack based on that as there’s absolutely no doubt he’d have stayed if it wasn’t for that.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The man was struggling 24/7 with a horrendous addiction. I think you can cut the guy some slack based on that as there’s absolutely no doubt he’d have stayed if it wasn’t for that.

Oh I know about the addiction and the circumstances that may have led to his departure. 

15 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

If he loves Thistle so much, then why did he walk out on the club in his first spell?

Says the guy who says he supports Thistle but seems to fucking hate everything about the club, especially our league/promotion winning manager.

Edited by Jacky1990