The Partick Thistle thread

I liked what I saw from Crawford on Saturday but I'd still like to see a proper wide player brought in. With Stone returning to Hearts we obviously need a replacement but I'd be pretty happy if those two additions were all we did between now and the end of the window. We can probably afford to let the likes of Shea Gordon leave as well if there's a club happy to take him

On 09/01/2022 at 19:35, IR1970 said:

With gordon young up there it might be a good shout..few ex motherwell youth players..think they travel up in a mini bus.

He has been poor at Thistle.

Was my thinking too. Our connection with past Motherwell players haven't paid off so far. 

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

I liked what I saw from Crawford on Saturday but I'd still like to see a proper wide player brought in. With Stone returning to Hearts we obviously need a replacement but I'd be pretty happy if those two additions were all we did between now and the end of the window. We can probably afford to let the likes of Shea Gordon leave as well if there's a club happy to take him

I’d like a striker who can come off the bench and isn’t Ross MacIver, too. 

I wouldn’t say no to a striker but the only way I see that happening is if Rudden goes, I agree with @jaggyness another winger is what we really need to bring in - even someone who has the ability to come off the bench and do something. 

Crawford was fine on Saturday, obviously want Banzo back for the Killie game but Crawford seems decent enough (whether he’d be as good, forced out wide - I’m not sure). 

I wouldn’t say no to a striker but the only way I see that happening is if Rudden goes, I agree with [mention=16201]jaggyness[/mention] another winger is what we really need to bring in - even someone who has the ability to come off the bench and do something. 
Crawford was fine on Saturday, obviously want Banzo back for the Killie game but Crawford seems decent enough (whether he’d be as good, forced out wide - I’m not sure). 
Dare I say we're missing someone who filled the role Cardle did last season? I'm not in the camp who was outraged we let him go as I do think his championship days are behind him but from what I can tell, we haven't successfully replaced him from last season.

57 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Morgyn Neill not settled in now..realise he had a shaky start.

He has settled in although I'm not his biggest admirer. Great in the air, scored a couple of important goals but a liability when anyone runs at him due to his limited pace. His distribution is also suspect. Granted you don't get many centre halves with all the dream attributes especially at L1 level 

He's good enough for L1 especially when partnered with a centre half with some pace but I'd worry about him playing at the next level.

If we make it up to the Championship then CB is an area we need to strengthen. FB's are fine with Harry Milne and Shay Logan

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi lads. Kieran Wright. Tell me absolutely every single detail about him. He's just joined us and, if our defending so far this season is anything to go by, he'll be a busy boy.

He’s pretty good for league one, I can’t actually recall any massive blunders and he made a couple of genuinely outstanding saves - most notably at about 4.05 into that from which we immediately scored. 

https://www.airdriefc.com/dtv2021/270321

I think his command of the box could have been much better, but his shot stopping and distribution were good. He only dropped out our team due to injury as I recall it, and then Sneddon did fine and he couldn’t get back in. 

I would be amazed if he isn’t better than Sam Ramsbottom. 

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi lads. Kieran Wright. Tell me absolutely every single detail about him. He's just joined us and, if our defending so far this season is anything to go by, he'll be a busy boy.

Absolutely every single detail about him this is not, but I thought he was fine for us.

I remember two things in particular when he was playing for us; the outstanding point blank save he made away to Airdrie before we broke up the pitch to score an equaliser, and a really weird decision at Forfar where he inexplicably ran past the ball instead of catching/clearing it which thankfully we got away with because the Forfar player only hit the side netting.

Other than that, I thought he was generally alright. Decent if unspectacular in most aspects of the game. Not the biggest though, which might be a worry at set pieces.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He was a pretty good keeper for us, made an outstanding save in a win against Airdrie. Seven clean sheets in 15 appearances in all competitions for us which is a pretty decent record.

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I can’t actually recall any massive blunders and he made a couple of genuinely outstanding saves

Agreed he didn’t make many memorable mistakes, the only one that comes to mind for me was on the final day in the game that didn’t matter against Montrose, he conceded a shot through his legs straight at him but no one cared as we had already won the title.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He’s pretty good for league one, I can’t actually recall any massive blunders and he made a couple of genuinely outstanding saves - most notably at about 4.05 into that from which we immediately scored. 

https://www.airdriefc.com/dtv2021/270321

I think his command of the box could have been much better, but his shot stopping and distribution were good. He only dropped out our team due to injury as I recall it, and then Sneddon did fine and he couldn’t get back in. 

I would be amazed if he isn’t better than Sam Ramsbottom. 

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Absolutely every single detail about him this is not, but I thought he was fine for us.

I remember two things in particular when he was playing for us; the outstanding point blank save he made away to Airdrie before we broke up the pitch to score an equaliser, and a really weird decision at Forfar where he inexplicably ran past the ball instead of catching/clearing it which thankfully we got away with because the Forfar player only hit the side netting.

Other than that, I thought he was generally alright. Decent if unspectacular in most aspects of the game. Not the biggest though, which might be a worry at set pieces.

2 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

He was a pretty good keeper for us, made an outstanding save in a win against Airdrie. Seven clean sheets in 15 appearances in all competitions for us which is a pretty decent record.

Well that all sounds more positive than the usual reaction our signings get from fans of their former clubs.

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Agreed he didn’t make many memorable mistakes, the only one that comes to mind for me was on the final day in the game that didn’t matter against Montrose, he conceded a shot through his legs straight at him but no one cared as we had already won the title.

I think you’ll find that that game did matter as it officially confirmed that Falkirk wouldn’t make the playoffs, and was thus extremely funny. 

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He has a pet Iguana called Jobby and also has a qualification in flower arranging.