The Partick Thistle thread

Someone posted on the Airdrie thread a couple of weeks ago saying that we had apparently asked about getting Kyle Turner back but Thistle weren’t keen to let him go. I’m certainly not expecting it to happen, he’s far too good for League One and seems to be playing fairly regularly, but if someone is leaving then from an Airdrie point of view hopefully it’s him. 

Just listened to McCall's interview there, definitely sounds like Crawford has been signed to play wide. Also said that he'd be looking to keep Crawford beyond the end of the season, despite it only being a 6-month deal. 

Akinola is too good for this level so not surprised he’s not signing on but I think his lack of physical presence may put bigger teams off.

When McCall said he expected Akinola, Rudden and Sneddon to sign it sounded like he was trying to put pressure on them. There was no way all 3 were staying.

Shame about Rudden and Akinola. We're still in with a shout of promotion so Id rather we didnt cash in this month.

As for Crawford, Im all for the club signing good players regardless if we already have good players in that position (which he should be at this level). Just as long as we arent spunking our budget when other positions need strengthening.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Shea Gordon finally leave this month, even if its just on loan.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He likes a skilful, cleaver midfielder so signs them when he sees them but has no regard for where he might play them. Can definitely see him switching Tiffoney over to the right hand side and putting Crawford on the left.

Is Crawford left or right footed?

Could be that McCall sees him cutting in from the left with a new attacking left back (Maxwell) providing the width on that side.

I like Rudden, but Akinola is a much bigger loss imo, I really hope we are able to keep him until the end of the season, he’s by some distance the best defender we’ve had in a long time I’d say - and he’ll only continue to improve. 

6 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I like Rudden, but Akinola is a much bigger loss imo, I really hope we are able to keep him until the end of the season, he’s by some distance the best defender we’ve had in a long time I’d say - and he’ll only continue to improve. 

Akinola has been great, but Liam Lindsay was better. He was imperious in our top six season.

17 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Is Crawford left or right footed?

Could be that McCall sees him cutting in from the left with a new attacking left back (Maxwell) providing the width on that side.

Unfortunately regarding Maxwell it was reported we were facing tough competition for his signature from Ayr, the Pats and Leeds United 

12 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Akinola has been great, but Liam Lindsay was better. He was imperious in our top six season.

Of course. by ‘a long time’ I kinda meant since Top 6/Relegation era, probably should’ve specified that better. He’s the best post-Lindsay. 

13 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Unfortunately regarding Maxwell it was reported we were facing tough competition for his signature from Ayr, the Pats and Leeds United 

And McCall sort of rubbished the claims that we’re in for him, did he not? 

6 hours ago, third lanark said:

I imagine Leeds are in for Maxwell the way Real Madrid were in for Steven Fletcher back in the day. They may have had a scout up looking at him, but Id be fucking flabbergasted if they made a move for him.

Edited by Jacky1990

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

I imagine Leeds are in for Maxwell the way Real Madrid were in for Steven Fletcher back in the day. They may have had a scout up looking at him, but Id be fucking flabbergasted if they made a move for him.

Leeds were allegedly wanting him for their youth team. I would expect Thistle, Ayr or Dunfermline to sign him though.