The Partick Thistle thread

14 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Sounds from McCalls interview as if Tunji and Rudden aren't signing extensions. 

Another reason not to trust anything McCall says, IMO. 

Great news on Akinola, if Brownlie is even 90% of what he was pre injury then that's an outstanding centre half pairing for this level. 

Heard Jake Hastie is likely not going to have his loan extended at Firhill?

Has he featured at all for the Jags and if so impressions? I saw him earlier in the season against Dumbarton whilst he played for Rangers B. I suspect we'll target a winger in this window and thought he could maybe do a job for us. Geographically, Cove might not the best location for him but wouldn't be that first to commute up North for a PT club.

21 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Has he featured at all for the Jags and if so impressions? I saw him earlier in the season against Dumbarton whilst he played for Rangers B. I suspect we'll target a winger in this window and thought he could maybe do a job for us. Geographically, Cove might not the best location for him but wouldn't be that first to commute up North for a PT club.

Transfermkt says that he returned to Sevco on 2nd January.

His contribution to our season was negligible.

Think it's already been covered but wouldn't he be ineligible to play for another club this season having already played for Rangers B and ourselves?

10 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
34 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Think it's already been covered but wouldn't he be ineligible to play for another club this season having already played for Rangers B and ourselves?

Is it parent club plus 2 clubs in any given season or just 2 clubs total? Does Lowland League count in this scenario?

Edited by CoveRangers1922

He's played in the Challenge cup, don't know about the Lowland league. It's such a daft rule, relaxing it to 3 clubs made a lot of sense.

Obviously Hastie wasn't very good but he's potentially now in the position where he's stuck with Rangers weans where he's not wanted, or has to stay with us (there's been no official confirmation he's gone back but wasn't on the bench yesterday) where he's also not going to play. 

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

With gordon young up there it might be a good shout..few ex motherwell youth players..think they travel up in a mini bus.

He has been poor at Thistle.

Hamilton's commentator said Hastie was away back to Rangers yesterday, but f**k knows why we’d have told him but not made it public.

He’s been shite anyway, a massive disappointment. Really wanted it to work for him, and that disallowed goal against Inverness could have been huge for his confidence if it had stood but it’s no going to happen for him here. Hope he manages to succeed somewhere 

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Transfermkt says that he returned to Sevco on 2nd January.

His contribution to our season was negligible.

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

He's played in the Challenge cup, don't know about the Lowland league. It's such a daft rule, relaxing it to 3 clubs made a lot of sense.

Obviously Hastie wasn't very good but he's potentially now in the position where he's stuck with Rangers weans where he's not wanted, or has to stay with us (there's been no official confirmation he's gone back but wasn't on the bench yesterday) where he's also not going to play. 

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Hamilton's commentator said Hastie was away back to Rangers yesterday, but f**k knows why we’d have told him but not made it public.

He’s been shite anyway, a massive disappointment. Really wanted it to work for him, and that disallowed goal against Inverness could have been huge for his confidence if it had stood but it’s no going to happen for him here. Hope he manages to succeed somewhere 

Jake Hastie is still officially on loan at Thistle. His loan was due to expire on 24th January but I think with the press speculation that is circulating that it is inevitable he‘ll return to them shortly. 

Hamilton’s commentator got it wrong - adding 2 + 2 and getting 5.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s Harry Stone away back to Hearts. Fair enough, really.

Would imagine they’ll be sending him somewhere else shortly. 

That's what McCall said in the website - "so he’s going back to Hearts to then go somewhere else where he can play."

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Surely we’ll be looking to bring in a backup GK then with Stone back at Hearts? 

Yes. McCall should have a few options.

ETA - any thoughts on who he could bring in?

Edited by Bishop Briggs