The Partick Thistle thread

14 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

How much has he played for Ayr this season? 

Played regularly until he was struck down with some mystery illness a few weeks ago although some QOS fans have claimed he's been seen doing PT work for a construction company in Dumfries so f**k knows what's going on there. Maybe he's taken the huff with our shite managerial appointments or maybe he's just desperate to link up with McCall again. Either way he's not been that good this season and he's one of many players who will not be missed if they left Ayr. 

FWIW I don't think he's better than what you've currently got.

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Played regularly until he was struck down with some mystery illness a few weeks ago although some QOS fans have claimed he's been seen doing PT work for a construction company in Dumfries so f**k knows what's going on there. Maybe he's taken the huff with our shite managerial appointments or maybe he's just desperate to link up with McCall again. Either way he's not been that good this season and he's one of many players who will not be missed if they left Ayr. 

FWIW I don't think he's better than what you've currently got.

We made a bid but I think once we got Akinola over the line that cooled or it was knocked back by Ayr. The main reason I can see McCall going for him is that he is a player that can fill-in/ play in two or three positions. 

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McCall can f**k off....

If you get him you're getting a very good player Thistle fans

No description available.

I would assume McCall would see him as a left-back rather than a right-winger? You never know though.

2 hours ago, jagfox OG said:

I would assume McCall would see him as a left-back rather than a right-winger? You never know though.

He's supposed to be LB/LM but our two bafoons played him RM...

Did well even there cutting in to his left but you could tell it wasn't his natural position, don't think he has actually played LB for us once this season

Not really sure where he would fit in to your starting 11, not seen Holt play this season so can't comment on whether he'd be an upgrade on Holt or not

Edited by rb123!

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He's supposed to be LB/LM but our two bafoons played him RM...

Did well even there cutting in to his left but you could tell it wasn't his natural position, don't think he has actually played LB for us once this season

Not really sure where he would fit in to your starting 11, not seen Holt play this season so can't comment on whether he'd be an upgrade on Holt or not

Sounds like a replacement for James Penrice. Ironically, his best game, was his last when played as an inverted winger on the right. 

Don't know much about Maxwell, but if he's an attack-minded LB then it's understandable why McCall wants him (although we've got enough cover at LB with Hendrie until end of the season). We definitely need another winger, so it is possible McCall would see him further forward. 

30 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

Sounds like a replacement for James Penrice. Ironically, his best game, was his last when played as an inverted winger on the right. 

Penrice was brilliant in that match, McCall always said he didn't believe LB was his best position and he was probably right on that. 

Unless we're signing him to play right wing then it's not an immediate position of need but Hendrie will be away in the summer and based on Maxwell's record in this division so far he'd be an improvement on Holt as well and clearly with potential to get better too. 

Given that we've now got at most one game before the window opens, it'll be interesting to see if we've got anything lined up (in either direction) when it opens, Maxwell being an example. 

That said, think it feels like the first January window in about 5 years where its not been "at least half a new team required please". The aforementioned right winger plus better depth so we're not having to rely on the likes of Maciver and Gordon so often. 

Today’s postponement yet another example of why it was a terrible idea to share our pitch with Queen’s Park this season. And not only QP, but all manner of other games as well by the sounds of things; a SWPL match between Glasgow City and Celtic was played at Firhill a few weeks back.

Roll on fans actually taking over the club and allowing us to get rid of the jokers who keep making these decisions.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Today’s postponement yet another example of why it was a terrible idea to share our pitch with Queen’s Park this season. And not only QP, but all manner of other games as well by the sounds of things; a SWPL match between Glasgow City and Celtic was played at Firhill a few weeks back.

Roll on fans actually taking over the club and allowing us to get rid of the jokers who keep making these decisions.

You think fan ownership will fix it then you will end up disappointed. Fuhrer low and her cronies will still be around, of that I am certain!

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

It got wet at the thought of giving your lot another 4-0 pumping.

I'm not sure it was a terrible idea agreeing to the groundshare. Without that money we could very well be a bottom half team.

You should have shown it "highlights" of our defence and it would have dried up immediately.

Rumours in papers that St J and Carlisle interested in Rudden with potential transfer in January.

Beginning to wonder if that statement from McCall about the contract renewals was partly to try and sway the 3 players, and partly not expecting them to sign but so they can say "well we did try". 

I think in these scenarios you're probably better taking the fee in January if it's early enough to spend it and not the last day of the window, as otherwise you've got a player leaving on a pre contract who might be holding back.