The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Unless I’ve missed something saying he’s injured, I wonder if Mayo being missing could be an indication that he’s going back to Rangers in January. He’s nowhere near good enough for the first team but maybe they’ll loan him elsewhere. 

McCall said after the game that Mayo and Foster had, I think, wee issues and Graham had an injection in his back.

Just now, jaggyness said:

Bit of a surprise to see Hendrie having his contract extended to the end of the season

Showed up okay in parts of the cup game especially second half. I think it tied in with with what McCall was saying about non-defensive additions to the squad in January. Hopefully that means we are keeping Lewis Mayo too. I'd think that would be the case but you never know...

25 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

Showed up okay in parts of the cup game especially second half. I think it tied in with with what McCall was saying about non-defensive additions to the squad in January. Hopefully that means we are keeping Lewis Mayo too. I'd think that would be the case but you never know...

I don’t think Hendrie is up to much, but then I can’t imagine the calibre of player willing to come and be second choice left back for any Scottish championship club is particularly good.

If it means that McCall can focus on getting a few more attacking players who can actually make an impact then that’s all fine with me. 

1 hour ago, jagfox OG said:

Can’t imagine Mayo would be recalled. He’s miles away from the Rangers first team, probably isn’t a top flight-ready defender yet, and is playing just about every game for a competitive Championship side.

Can’t imagine Mayo would be recalled. He’s miles away from the Rangers first team, probably isn’t a top flight-ready defender yet, and is playing just about every game for a competitive Championship side.
Think he's also out of contract in the summer so could be rangers will be hawking him around leagues one and two down south for a fee just now rather than only receive compo in the summer

6 hours ago, jaggyness said:
6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Think he's also out of contract in the summer so could be rangers will be hawking him around leagues one and two down south for a fee just now rather than only receive compo in the summer

Lewis is under contract with Rangers until the summer of 2023.