The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

What’s the calm / realistic view of things following Friday night? Trying to manage expectations!

We’re still great going forward but can’t defend. We should finish top 4 but won’t win the league. Which is pretty much exactly where I was pre-Hamilton result.

On 17/10/2021 at 18:27, JudgeMudge said:

What’s the calm / realistic view of things following Friday night? Trying to manage expectations!

That Hamilton are absolute dug meat and should be really worried about a double relegation.

On us, when we're on it, we'll batter most teams going forward. But not sure were defensively sound enough to battle to the type of hard earned wins you need for a title push.

Based on everyone else, it'll be a disappointment if not in the top 4 but doubt it'll be top 2 unless we shore up big time.

44 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

This might be our best shot at promotion for a few years. Looking ahead, Rudden could be away soon (not sure when contract expires?), Graham getting older, same with Bannigan and Doc. Pessimism maybe!

Let's just enjoy things as they are for the moment?

32 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Have the club said anything about Harry Stone and I’ve just missed it? I assume he’s injured and that’s why McCready has been in the last few squads, rather than we’ve bombed him out for some reason. 

I think in one of the pre match interviews recently they mentioned he was injured as before that I was just assuming his loan was close to being cancelled.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Have the club said anything about Harry Stone and I’ve just missed it? I assume he’s injured and that’s why McCready has been in the last few squads, rather than we’ve bombed him out for some reason. 

Would expect his loan to be cancelled in January, always thought Sneddon was suspect but he’s been pretty decent since his nightmare at Caley to his credit. Surely if Stone goes we’d bring in another keeper for competition though. 

4 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

Is Rudden likely to be sold in January? Not sure who’s spending money or what we’d accept. 

Do Rangers not have some buy back clause? If there was talk of serious money I imagine they’d just buy him and sell him on immediately, a la Jack Hendry and Oostende.

Don't see it personally, can’t see any of the clubs he’s good enough for being willing to spend. 

5 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Is Rudden likely to be sold in January? Not sure who’s spending money or what we’d accept. 

Doubt it. Far more likely he’ll sign a PCA with someone though (unless he signs a new deal with us, deserves one but I’d imagine if he was going to he’d have did it by now)

Edited by JagsCG

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Do Rangers not have some buy back clause? If there was talk of serious money I imagine they’d just buy him and sell him on immediately, a la Jack Hendry and Oostende.

I thought Rangers had to activate that buy-back clause in the summer (which would’ve been 18 months into his deal) or not at all, could be wrong though!

Edited by JagsCG

23 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-match-preview/managers-preview-ian-mccall-15th-october-2021/

“It’s just Darren Brownlie, Steven Bell and Harry Stone who are out at the moment. Steven Bell had a bit of a set-back with his injury and we’re going to have a chat about how to progress with that next week. As for Harry, he picked up a little knock a couple of weeks ago which he’s recovering from. We hope to have him back training next week.”

9 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Doubt it. Far more likely he’ll sign a PCA with someone though (unless he signs a new deal with us, deserves one but I’d imagine if he was going to he’d have did it by now).

New deals and extensions tend to be signed towards the end of the year, before players can speak to other clubs.

The club is probably in negotiations with key players who are out of contract at the end of the season.

It's too early to be pessimistic about possible departures at this stage.

9 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Doubt it. Far more likely he’ll sign a PCA with someone though (unless he signs a new deal with us, deserves one but I’d imagine if he was going to he’d have did it by now)

Would we be entitled to (a small amount) of compensation if he does sign a PCA elsewhere? He’s still under 23 and will be at the end of the season, which I think is the rule. @Skyline Drifter