The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Wants him working with the younger age groups , big difference from on his first team coaching staff 

Steve Clarke must be going mad.

Gary Caldwell's recent coaching record has been disastrous, not just Thistle but Chesterfield too,

He could ruin Scotland's youth players.

Maybe someone should break the news to them that it is cause WAT is shite now! They now have their cosey wee pun closed shop where only their dad pals can post nonsense to each other about what they had for lunch etc. All the good posters have stopped posting, been banned and new folk cannot join cause the signup is broken. Least it is more sprightly over here with mixed views. A Bit Quiet - Main Jags forum - Unofficial Partick Thistle FC Forum (wearethistle.net)

McCall mentioned yesterday that he'll make a few changes for the cup game on Friday with Hendrie making his debut. I'd have preferred to see us stick with the same back 4 and see if they can build an understanding as for all they were decent yesterday Ayr provided next to nothing other than Adeloye bullying Mayo on a couple of occasions.

Who'd have thought having an actual left back who is left footed to support Tiffoney and allow him to take on his man and cut inside would make us look a better side?

On 30/09/2021 at 15:43, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

Maybe someone should break the news to them that it is cause WAT is shite now! They now have their cosey wee pun closed shop where only their dad pals can post nonsense to each other about what they had for lunch etc. All the good posters have stopped posting, been banned and new folk cannot join cause the signup is broken. Least it is more sprightly over here with mixed views. A Bit Quiet - Main Jags forum - Unofficial Partick Thistle FC Forum (wearethistle.net)

Not sure I would say 3 posts in 2 or 3 days is sprightly, though

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

McCall mentioned yesterday that he'll make a few changes for the cup game on Friday with Hendrie making his debut. I'd have preferred to see us stick with the same back 4 and see if they can build an understanding as for all they were decent yesterday Ayr provided next to nothing other than Adeloye bullying Mayo on a couple of occasions.

Who'd have thought having an actual left back who is left footed to support Tiffoney and allow him to take on his man and cut inside would make us look a better side?

Mayo will be will be away on international duty so I’d imagine Holt play CB with Hendrie at LB.

On 30/09/2021 at 15:43, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

When you say sprightly not exactly a hotbed of opinions on here. 

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The last update on Bell's return was on 10th September in MacCall's Kilmarnock match preview.

He said "Steven Bell... has done some light running so should hopefully be back soon."

I am predicting free transfer coming up tbh. Always was an odd signing.

10 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I've been impressed by the new artwork going up outside Firhill. Forgive my lack of knowledge of older Thistle players but, going by the sign, I assume his name's McParland.

ccc099bfa26e22e21efccf4921cbcf31.jpg

Davie McParland - over 400 appearances as a player and the manager for our League Cup win in ‘71.

2 hours ago, dougie247 said:

whats with the Motherwell hate of Lawless?

Probably cause he is a gutless shitebag that vanishes when the going gets tough. But i am sure there will be those people, the same who clamour over any ex player wishing he comes back whilst getting the vaseline out to rub the head off it in excitement!