The Partick Thistle thread

Good to see that all sorted.  Interesting they're offering a socially distanced alternative, but good for them.  Hopefully no-one fucks it for those that are still a bit worried about that kind of stuff.

Am dreading the cashless stuff though.  Kiosks can't even be trusted not to give you drinks out an open and flat 2 litre bottle, f**k knows what contactless will look like.  If it works well though, great.  

6 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Not trying to stir it in any way, but is that legal to stop cash payments ? 
While there were legal restrictions in place during Covid, but they have all been lifted apart from wearing masks in public spaces.

Perfectly legal- you can specify payment any way you choose. Even before lockdown/Covid, a number of cashless bars (which refuse all cash payments) had opened up as card payments are much quicker. Koelchip Yard in the Southside is an example that has always been cashless as far as I am aware (and certainly was in 2019 when I first went). Many buses/trains have been cashless for a while also.

I think it's only illegal to refuse cash to pay a court fine or other court cost. Could be wrong though as my brain has been fried and I can't even remember why I think this is so.

15 minutes ago, ACAB said:

I think it's only illegal to refuse cash to pay a court fine or other court cost. Could be wrong though as my brain has been fried and I can't even remember why I think this is so.

off the top of my head (this might be a similar video/fun facts thingy you've read or seen, ha) but I think some folk have tried to pay UK council/local authority fines in big bags of pennies as a f**k you, but they all get told to bolt and find an alternative payment method.

I think there are limits on how many, say, 1p/2p coins you can use to pay for goods or services along with guidelines for silvers/pound coins, but guidelines may well be all they are.

(Might've been a clip from QI on legal tender or sumthin, idk)

The limit for accepting  coppers for a payment of goods/services is something like 22p. Probably a tidy sum when they came up with this amount. You could pay more into a bank/post office account though. I think it was unlimited as they were coins of the realm or other such gubbins but I think that has changed.

Billy Owens away to East Kilbride on loan, so assuming McCall’s got a central midfielder lined up. 
I suspect it's more about giving Owens playing time. We already have bannigan, Smith, docherty, Gordon, Murray, Mayo and Turner who can play in Central midfield

Think it’s a bit of a stretch to include Murray and Smith in there. With Mayo starting in central defence you’ve really only got Gordon as an option from the bench who can cover the starting three, now that Sena and Owens are away. With McCall talking about needing two more, I’d think one is a defender and one is a midfielder. Could be wrong though. 

Thought Stone had a really poor game today we seemed to be way off the pace today all the goals were avoidable We didn’t seem to have a game plan while Arbroath were in our faces from start to finish ,thought foster looked totally lost whole game they had a big strong centre who we couldn’t get a grip of the whole game Sneddon surely must start next game

1 hour ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

That is an interesting one, McCall on jagzone waxing lyrical and supporting Stone....shame he cannot do that to one of our own in Sneddon!

Yes, but Sneddon is already proven to be complete and utter garbage. Stone is merely in the process of proving the same.

6 hours ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

That is an interesting one, McCall on jagzone waxing lyrical and supporting Stone....shame he cannot do that to one of our own in Sneddon!

Considering Sneddon has been quite inconsistent for a few years now (some of it down to him, some of it not) you could argue giving him another contract to prove himself was supporting him. He’s spoke highly of Sneddon previously too. No point publicly slating a young player after they’ve made a couple mistakes is there?

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Considering Sneddon has been quite inconsistent for a few years now (some of it down to him, some of it not) you could argue giving him another contract to prove himself was supporting him. He’s spoke highly of Sneddon previously too. No point publicly slating a young player after they’ve made a couple mistakes is there?

Best to keep schtum tbh, Be interesting to see if he drops Stone for Sneddon for next game. If he doesn't that tells you a hell of a lot.

8 hours ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

Best to keep schtum tbh, Be interesting to see if he drops Stone for Sneddon for next game. If he doesn't that tells you a hell of a lot.

Chopping and changing goalkeepers every week isn’t really a good thing either, so it wouldn’t surprise me to see Stone keep his place. Although if I was Sneddon I’d probably want to be starting next week now. 

Thanks to Jags fan Tam, we've boosted the number of 1992-93 → match videos, and thanks to A.N. Other we've now got a complete set of the competitive games for season 2012-13 →

Since all 6,500+ match hubs were introduced recently, we've been busy linking in the games in key sections so that your click-around exploration experience is that bit more convenient. As you hopefully know by now, clicking on the match result is the standard link to the hubs. We recently enabled this in the Thistle managers section (e.g. Davie McParland →) and the opposition managers section (e.g. Jock Stein →), and it's now rolled out to the H2H section too.

Revamping the H2H section to link-in the match hubs database was an immense undertaking, but the deed is done. Whilst that was the main aim, the section has also been completely restyled with quite a few new touches. As you can see from the random example below(!), all the main head-to-heads have 6 tabs of bang up-to-date info to keep you informed. Check out the scorers charts within which now follow our standard squad stats design, meaning that the top dog gets his photie in there too!

Fully revamped PTFC Head-to-Heads →

airdrie.png

On 22/08/2021 at 13:50, Reid said:

We’ve got to give Stone a run in the team. If we’re going to drop a keeper after each time they make a mistake we’re going to changing at least 10 times a season.

Thistle fans are an odd lot at times, Sneddon makes a mistake he gets hung drawn and quartered. Stone on loan or Wright on loan last season makes a mistake, ach you gotta give them a run in the team blah blah. Wonder why fellow fans seem to prefer loan goalkeepers than giving one of our own a run in the team.

Edited by Big Jocks Chewin The Fat