The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, jaggyness said:
1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:
That's not good news if we are paying the difference in his wages for the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if going to Kelty was a wage rise for him tbh

I would be surprised as O'Ware was rumoured to be one of our biggest earners.

41 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

That's not good news if we are paying the difference in his wages for the season.

Him going to Kelty is about as good as we could have hoped for in the circumstances. They’ll be able to take on a bigger portion of his salary than the majority of L1/L2 clubs who would realistically be interested.

I was thinking our only chance of shipping him out without taking a massive mutual consent hit would be if Queens Park or Kelty were interested. Delighted it appears to have worked out that way.

Edited by Nightmare

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Anyone got their email about their seat on Saturday? Website says to wait until 10am Saturday before contacting them if you don't receive one but I don't fancy cutting it that fine.

Came here to ask this.  I've organised my Dad's ticket, and he (well, me on a second address) has got his seat, but I don't despite being part of a bubble.  Hadn't seen the 10am Saturday thing, so I guess that's something.  Still though, seems about as well organised as you'd expect.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Him going to Kelty is about as good as we could have hoped for in the circumstances. They’ll be able to take on a bigger portion of his salary than the majority of L1/L2 clubs who would realistically be interested.

I was thinking our only chance of shipping him out without taking a massive mutual consent hit would be if Queens Park or Kelty were interested. Delighted it appears to have worked out that way.

Any thoughts on how he'll do for us?

7 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Any thoughts on how he'll do for us?

He’s played a lot of games at Championship level in his career, so theoretically should be very comfortable at League Two level. But he’s had a shocker with injuries the past couple of years and there’s no telling how much of an impact that’s had on him.

If you get the O’Ware who is even relatively close to the Morton version of O’Ware, he should be fine for you for the next couple of seasons.

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I would be surprised as O'Ware was rumoured to be one of our biggest earners.

Surely not? Maybe before his new deal, but after a year+ injured the last contract we offered him must have been on reduced terms. 

10 hours ago, forameus said:

Came here to ask this.  I've organised my Dad's ticket, and he (well, me on a second address) has got his seat, but I don't despite being part of a bubble.  Hadn't seen the 10am Saturday thing, so I guess that's something.  Still though, seems about as well organised as you'd expect.

There was an update that said that if you hadn’t received an email yesterday you would receive it today. It’s not great organisation as it seems to think we have nothing else to plan for Saturday.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

There was an update that said that if you hadn’t received an email yesterday you would receive it today. It’s not great organisation as it seems to think we have nothing else to plan for Saturday.

I'm probably just being a grumpy dick, but you'd think with all this time to plan, they'd have come up with a robust system to make sure that for the first "proper" home game since we were all cast out of Firhill went by without a hitch. Should we really be relying on individual emails being - I assume - manually sent out?  The one I got was from "Gerry Britton".  Assumed that was just for show, but I imagine they're all sitting there in the office around mounds of paper and a corkboard diagram up on the wall trying to work it out.

13 hours ago, Slacker said:

Surely not? Maybe before his new deal, but after a year+ injured the last contract we offered him must have been on reduced terms. 

It was a 2 year, 4 month extension (rather than a new deal) in January 2020 - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/tam-oware-signs-contract-extension/.

"Partick Thistle can today confirm that centre-back, Tam O’Ware, has penned a contract extension which will keep him at the club until May 2022."

Extension implies the same or similar money at least. Not one of McCall's best decisions!

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I'm probably just being a grumpy dick, but you'd think with all this time to plan, they'd have come up with a robust system to make sure that for the first "proper" home game since we were all cast out of Firhill went by without a hitch. Should we really be relying on individual emails being - I assume - manually sent out?  The one I got was from "Gerry Britton".  Assumed that was just for show, but I imagine they're all sitting there in the office around mounds of paper and a corkboard diagram up on the wall trying to work it out.

There's probably a fairly simple way of sorting this out for the duration of which we only allow season ticket holders and their social bubble temporary allocated seats for the foreseeable or until remaining restrictions are lifted. I can definitely see us doing it the most manual way possible. 

Also, hoping the entry times are quite relaxed, absolutely f**k sitting in an empty stadium for an hour and a half before KO. 

Guidlines Pirates Of The Caribbean GIF - Guidlines PiratesOfTheCaribbean  HectorBabossa - Discover & Share GIFs

And now the e-mail used for my Dad's season ticket (bought a good while after mine) has got a message advising that both tickets have a spot, at a different seat that I was told yesterday.  What a club.

Good to actually have it sorted though, looking forward to being back.

56 minutes ago, costa said:

Bryce Ntambwe, f*ck me man. That game he played centre half away vs ICT was one of the worst footballing performances I’ve ever seen, from a team and individual!

I still can’t believe he scored an actual goal for us. Admittedly, the line up we had in that game is one of the most depressing things in the history of the club, but still.

Edit: The fucking state of that. There’s at least 3, probably 4, players there who’d make my all time Thistle diddy 11.

88CCF14E-D29B-43FB-B2FB-2B14D1016FCA.jpeg.67425d1a16475b583635e654fc902625.jpeg

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

5 hours ago, forameus said:

You must be special. Mine was from Euan Smith

52 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I still can’t believe he scored an actual goal for us. Admittedly, the line up we had in that game is one of the most depressing things in the history of the club, but still.

Edit: The fucking state of that. There’s at least 3, probably 4, players there who’d make my all time Thistle diddy 11.

88CCF14E-D29B-43FB-B2FB-2B14D1016FCA.jpeg.67425d1a16475b583635e654fc902625.jpeg

Niall fucking Keown man, doesn't even play for anyone now, despite being only 26. I still can't believe we swapped Ando on loan for him with St Johnstone. 

Until recently we've been an utter calamity in terms of signings for years. Remember watching Storer down at Ayr, either the League cup or first game of the season and thinking we are going to get destroyed during that season. 

Edited by thistledo

36 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Niall fucking Keown man, doesn't even play for anyone now, despite being only 26. I still can't believe we swapped Ando on loan for him with St Johnstone. 

Until recently we've been an utter calamity in terms of signings for years. Remember watching Storer down at Ayr, either the League cup or first game of the season and thinking we are going to get destroyed during that season. 

Ahh Storer, at least he gave us entertainment. I'm sure his Dad attempted to take a Gary Caldwell parody account a "square go" on twitter.