The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

as our team outside Tiffoney at the moment is sloooow.

This is why I'd be very keen to sign Hastie, even if he has only had about 2 decent months in his entire professional career. I know we've had very quick players before who were fucking abysmal (yes, I am talking about you Miles), but someone else with some pace is a must. 

If we can get a quick full back too, that'd be delightful. I think I'd be relatively content with Mayo and Holt at centre back tbh. 

21 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Pleased with that. Hastie and another defender by the end of the week would leave us in a decent position overall.

I still think we’re really short at CB, even after the Mayo signing. Mayo, Bell and Sena doesn’t inspire a great deal of confidence as a group.

There's is also McKenna. I see Mayo as covering for Brownlie this season. Due to finances, O'Ware will probably be replaced after he leaves.

So who is available and would improve our defence? I'd prefer a permanent deal to another loan.

18 hours ago, chilly jag said:

Winger position looks light as it’s only Tiffoney and Murray there for their natural position, so would think a left sided winger is a main target. Left back looks a bit light too.

Murray's not a 'natural' winger either. He might now be considered one as we played him there mostly and you seem to have continued that but it wasn't his best position coming through. His best position was occupied by Dobbie though so he had to play elsewhere. Certainly prior to becoming a first team regular his best role was as a No 10, '2nd striker' behind a target man.

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

That's O'Ware mutually consented, at long long last.

Cooper thumbs.gif

But at what cost? There have been too many pay-offs/early terminations in recent seasons. O'Ware is just the latest in a  long list.

I can think of Storer, Ntambwe, Mutombo, McGinty, Wilson, Slater, Harkins, Austin, Zanatta, Mansell and Miller.

Bad errors in player recruitment and contract extensions have proved to very costly. They weakened our squads and contributed significantly to our relegations.

We can't afford any more bad mistakes.

44 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

But at what cost? There have been too many pay-offs/early terminations in recent seasons. O'Ware is just the latest in a  long list.

I can think of Storer, Ntambwe, Mutombo, McGinty, Wilson, Slater, Harkins, Austin, Zanatta, Mansell and Miller.

Bad errors in player recruitment and contract extensions have proved to very costly. They weakened our squads and contributed significantly to our relegations.

Horrendous list of players that. But we are never going to have 100% success on every signing. 

We seem to offer 2 year deals more regularly than lots of non-Premiership sides. I imagine that makes us more attractive than clubs we are fighting with for those signings. The negative of that is that it if they are shite we get stuck with them for an extra season. But I'd rather pay these guys off for a portion of the wages and spend the rest of that wages/budget on better players than just stick with guys we know are shite.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I think Zanatta left by choice- invoking a relegation clause, so no pay off would be due there

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Yes. I had forgotten about that. He was a big disappointment and did us a favour by leaving.

Zanatta still getting a regular gig in the championship is a huge mystery to me. He’s one of the biggest shitebags we’ve had in recent years, and that says something. Such a frustrating player cause he was tremendous on his debut. 

Anyone got their email about their seat on Saturday? Website says to wait until 10am Saturday before contacting them if you don't receive one but I don't fancy cutting it that fine.

Got mine today & not too far away from my own seat

13 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Anyone got their email about their seat on Saturday? Website says to wait until 10am Saturday before contacting them if you don't receive one but I don't fancy cutting it that fine.

Emails have been sent out for ST holders who will be sitting in sections JH1-5 & JH8. I reckon all remaining emails will be sent out by around 2pm tomorrow.

Just now, jaggyness said:
6 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:
That's O'Ware mutually consented, at long long last.
279915804_Cooperthumbs.gif.a734b541c8aea20c4904f6ef3527a0f6.gif

Rumoured to be joining Kelty Hearts!

I'd be very surprised if he went anywhere other than Kelty Hearts.