The Partick Thistle thread

6 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Reece Cole is training with us apparently, I know he was in a pretty rancid thistle team but what’s he like overall? Is it as simple as, “can hit a free kick”?

Very good on the ball but the game passes him by too often.

6 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Reece Cole is training with us apparently, I know he was in a pretty rancid thistle team but what’s he like overall? Is it as simple as, “can hit a free kick”?

The last game before lock down he was infuriating. Tried to shoot from absolute everywhere and when shooting was the better option he chose to pass. Scored some belters though.

Having said that, from what I remember Tommy Robson was unplayable in that game so maybe my opinion means nothing.

1 hour ago, Maine said:

The last game before lock down he was infuriating. Tried to shoot from absolute everywhere and when shooting was the better option he chose to pass. Scored some belters though.

Having said that, from what I remember Tommy Robson was unplayable in that game so maybe my opinion means nothing.

Tommy Robson was brilliant that game!!

I had ex Partick player Stevie Lawless on my podcast this week if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Speaks brilliantly about his time at Partick. I also tipped Partick for the playoffs this season during this so good luck for the season😂👍🏻

A Chat With... Steven Lawless 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Steven discusses his time at the Motherwell academy as well as spells at Partick Thistle, Livingston and his return to Motherwell. 

Youtube: 

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6yreaP0bxRA4tNY2Gyfo9W?si=mmFE74txS2S_Ty5wVirPiw&dl_branch=1

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-steven-lawless/id1570371231?i=1000529244423

1 hour ago, Smurph said:

How strict are the club with the entry times? Going to be difficult getting there for 18:35 when I don’t finish work until 7.

Wasn’t strict at all for the Dunfermline game. There was nobody even at the turnstiles we entered and there was no queue at all 15 minutes after our designated slot. However I believe we had a limit of 500 fans for that game whereas we’re allowed 2k tonight, so might be a bit different/busier. Not that I’d expect tonight to sell out anyway, with no away fans allowed, it being a Tuesday night and only the LC group stage.

I’d guess you’ll be fine turning up whenever you can.

Afternoon lads. Normally when I've been to Firhill I've been dropped off outside. Unfortunately nobody is around and prepared to give me a lift tonight so I'll be driving. Where am I best to abandon my car? 

Partick fans might have a better idea but anytime I’ve drove to Firhill I’ve ended up parking down the bottom of Springbank Street which is literally just across from the Main Stand. There’s a wee church at the bottom and there’s usually some spaces there if you arrive early enough.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Partick fans might have a better idea but anytime I’ve drove to Firhill I’ve ended up parking down the bottom of Springbank Street which is literally just across from the Main Stand. There’s a wee church at the bottom and there’s usually some spaces there if you arrive early enough.

Perfect. Can ask the Lord to give Sons his support defending crosses and then walk up.

55 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Afternoon lads. Normally when I've been to Firhill I've been dropped off outside. Unfortunately nobody is around and prepared to give me a lift tonight so I'll be driving. Where am I best to abandon my car? 

In front of your goals. 

4 hours ago, Smurph said:

How strict are the club with the entry times? Going to be difficult getting there for 18:35 when I don’t finish work until 7.

Not strict at all. It's a condition of the licence we've been given by Glasgow City Council that we have to provide and encourage staggered entry times to try to mitigate against mass crowds gathering at one time but they won't be turning anyone away if they are too early/late. 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If you park round the back of the Jackie Husband Stand next to the canal, the press entrance is a short walk in the north end of the gate. The same end of the gate should still be open when you're finished after the game.

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It really depends on which direction you’re heading after the game. There is always space on Murano Street, which is the first left you’ll take heading uphill on Firhill Road after passing the North Stand. But that’s probably not ideal for people heading back towards town or the motorway. It works for me as I’m heading back west.

I’d probably avoid D’Jaffo’s suggestion of Springbank Street just because it’s so close to the ground that it might be a wee bit congested around there after the game. But it would be perfect if you’re either planning on leaving early or late.

ETA - you now have about 6 suggestions to pick from…

Edited by Nightmare

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Shite google drawing notwithstanding, I always used to park below.  Residential bit, but usually a fair few cars parked on the pavement or close to it, and I've never had any trouble with people complaining about it.  I can't imagine it'll be anywhere close to busy on a night like tonight, certainly wasn't pre-covid for a Saturday 3pm.

image.thumb.png.208827c347e83ac6397d507fcae22733.png