The Partick Thistle thread

When it was going to be a loan goalie I was sure it was going to be a young guy, he certainly seems highly rated. I can see him and Sneddon getting 2 league cup games each. 

Also I just checked the SPFL rules and the increased number of loans brought in last season doesn't seem to have been reduced (I'm sure SLJ will correct me if wrong) so we can have up to 6 domestic loans - as well as unlimited from non Scottish clubs-including up to 4 from one club. Would be expecting at least one from Govan. 

Edited by Fuctifano

7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Also I just checked the SPFL rules and the increased number of loans brought in last season doesn't seem to have been reduced (I'm sure SLJ will correct me if wrong) so we can have up to 6 domestic loans - as well as unlimited from non Scottish clubs-including up to 4 from one club. Would be expecting at least one from Govan. 

Hopefully Kai Kennedy. 

11 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Cracking signing. This guy will go places

Thanks. I hope you're right. McCall must have identified and scouted him as possible recruit a while ago.

I'd have been happy to have Kieran Wright back but Sevco must have other plans for him.

Stengthening the defence must be the priority now.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

9 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

When it was going to be a loan goalie I was sure it was going to be a young guy, he certainly seems highly rated. I can see him and Sneddon getting 2 league cup games each. 

I thought it could be Conor Hazard returning on loan. Lennon have him a new deal so he'd probably be too expensive.

19 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Cracking signing. This guy will go places

Cheers.

Whats he like? Good shot stopper? Commanding in the box? Good distribution?

Dont know anything about the guy other than he's decent on FM so any extra info more than appreciated.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Or possibly Stephen Kelly. McCall signed him on loan for Ayr a couple of months before he replaced Caldwell. 

He spent last year playing regularly at Ross County, would be shocked if they then loaned him to a team recently promoted to the Championship. Would imagine he'll go to another Premiership team, or maybe a League One/Two team down south if he goes on loan again.

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

He spent last year playing regularly at Ross County, would be shocked if they then loaned him to a team recently promoted to the Championship. Would imagine he'll go to another Premiership team, or maybe a League One/Two team down south if he goes on loan again.

That's true and logical but McCall seems to have very good relationship with Sevco. He also likes to bring in players that he knows well (e.g. Brownlie, Docherty, Bell, Geggan, Erskine etc), hence that suggestion. 

Glad to see Harry go out on loan to a level above his previous one.  Hearts have very high hopes for him so I'd assume we aren't sending him to sit on the bench and he'll at least get a shot at the number 1 spot.  Good luck to him, and to Partick for the season.

57 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Is he not a central midfielder as well? As good as he may well be, it’s the last position I think we need to strengthen. 

40 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is he not a central midfielder as well? As good as he may well be, it’s the last position I think we need to strengthen. 

Yeah, he would struggle to get in the team ahead of Banzo on his form last season and even preseason showings.

36 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

IIRC, Kelly can play as an attacking midfielder or on the right of midfield. When he signed his new. contract the Sevco website said

"Sporting Director Ross Wilson added: “Stevie is developing really well and impressing all of us with his progress. He had a really good experience at Ayr United and we thank Ian McCall and Mark Kerr for the confidence shown in him and for aiding his development at Somerset Park."

It's only speculation anyway. As I said earlier, strengthening the defence is the priority now.

Cheers.
Whats he like? Good shot stopper? Commanding in the box? Good distribution?
Dont know anything about the guy other than he's decent on FM so any extra info more than appreciated.
Loves to come out and catch crosses probably what he's best at taking responsibility of cutting danger before it develops into more

not scared to shout at more experienced players when organising the defence,

pulled off some great point blank saves last year

Probably one of the best young players we have had on loan at the club in the last 10 years

McCall’s confirmed that Brownlie’s away for a scan this week, and will more than likely be out for months rather than weeks. Gordon will be back for the start of the league season.

Also trying to get 2 wingers, at least one centre back and a utility player. 

Good update with McCall on the website:

• Confirms Brownlie is out - got a scan on Wednesday, likely to be out for months
  • Gordon is also injured (ankle) but should be fine for the league starting
  • Hopes to have signing news within the next week or so
  • Wants to sign 4 more - two wide players (one 'direct', one 'creative') and two defenders (one centre back, one 'utility')
  • Cautious about bringing too many loan players into our squad - 2 or 3 really good ones benefits everyone
  • Looking to get Owens and Ocholi out on loan - Lyon and Owens have a real good chance of becoming regulars next season, Ocholi if he works hard to improve
  • Rudden is in tomorrow's squad, couple of unnamed players still self-isolating until Monday/Wednesday (Turner and Niang, presumably)
  • Stone and Sneddon will get two cup games each
  • Almost 1,800 season tickets sold

Edited by Slacker

6 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

. I can see him and Sneddon getting 2 league cup games each. 

A rare occurrence for me to be correct, so quoting it. 

The centre back issue is a bit weird, we had 5 before Brownlie got injured and were / are trying to sign a 6th yet we've only got 2 full backs, with the cover for RB being one of the CBs and the cover for LB being the RB. Can only assume McCall sees McKenna as a right back now but every time he's played there he's looked every inch a centre back playing at right back.

I can't really see the point in punting Sena out on loan as he's played the last 2 seasons in league one. It's why I'd assumed we were getting ready to move O'Ware on before Brownlie got hurt.