The Partick Thistle thread

On 28/06/2021 at 18:31, Fuctifano said:

Slightly surprised we're not doing phone based tickets as an option. I'd happily not see us play Rangers or Celtic again tbh but it'll probably flog a few streams from the away side and every penny counts. 

I saw that Rangers are selling the stream to their fans for £5.99, so I’m guessing we’ve taken a fee up front to allow them broadcast rights.

Probably a better idea than relying on their fans to pay Thistle directly, I suppose, as their fanbase seems to mostly consist of bitter c***s who resent giving any other club money because their original team happened to go bust.

A big sheet of tarpaulin has also been put up to prevent fans being able to see into Firhill from the canal. I wonder if this has just been done with the Rangers game in mind, or if it’ll be a permanent thing for our home games.

Edited by Nightmare

I think that should have been blocked off a while ago; but conversely I didn't mind last year.

I'd never have gone up as if I wanted to be 9 miles from the pitch with zero atmosphere I'd go and watch a game from behind the goals at Hampden

However given the circumstances it was good for folk to get out the house, and I'd suspect most folk watching for free either put into the club financially in other ways, or were young boys with not much if any disposable income.

37 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I think that should have been blocked off a while ago; but conversely I didn't mind last year.

I'd never have gone up as if I wanted to be 9 miles from the pitch with zero atmosphere I'd go and watch a game from behind the goals at Hampden

However given the circumstances it was good for folk to get out the house, and I'd suspect most folk watching for free either put into the club financially in other ways, or were young boys with not much if any disposable income.

I suspect that the club got their knuckles wrapped for the fan title celebrations and this was one of the measures we've put in place to avoid a fine or something. Showing we are taking steps to avoid a repeat and all that jazz.

9 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

I suspect that the club got their knuckles wrapped for the fan title celebrations and this was one of the measures we've put in place to avoid a fine or something. Showing we are taking steps to avoid a repeat and all that jazz.

Nah, it's to stop the great unwashed having another get-together and trashing a part of the city again. 

H*ns gonna H*n

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Any word on who the trialists today were, and if they looked up to much? 

One of them was Daniel Steedman according to the Record

MLS star is pushing it obviously.

Partick Thistle consider move for former MLS star

The Jags played Daniel Steedman as a trialist in a friendly today against East Kilbride.

The Scottish-born midfielder moved to America to play college football as a youngster which earned him a move to Charlotte Independence and then Atlanta United.

And earlier this year, the 20-year-old was selected 28th overall in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft by Austin FC.

After featuring at K Park today, Ian McCall will now weigh up a move for the former MLS star.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Rudden tested positive and, a result, Tiffeoney is self-isolation - McCall was saying this outside Kelty last week. Steedmsn isn’t signing apparently.

Edited by Reid

I think the tarpaulin was originally out up as we were a designated training area for teams playing at Hampden in the Euro2020.

May as well keep it up for now...

I don't think we've played a less appealing fixture since Celtic won the league at Firhill.

If it wasn't for folk being desperate to go back to Firhill a pre-season friendly v Rangers with all those rules in place would be as well being behind closed doors.

21 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I don't think we've played a less appealing fixture since Celtic won the league at Firhill.

If it wasn't for folk being desperate to go back to Firhill a pre-season friendly v Rangers with all those rules in place would be as well being behind closed doors.

Yup, just doesn't get you up for a game does it. I would have preferred someone decent from out-with Scotland or if it had to come from within Scotland then Maryhill would have been a more attractive option than those mutants.

Team for tonight's match against Sevco.

E5jEXyVWQAMkjve?format=jpg&name=medium

It looks like a 3-4-3 formation.  Two apprentices, three Thistle Weir lads,  a trialist (Jones?) and McIver are on the bench.

No Brownlie, Niang, Gordon, Turner or Rudden. Apparently Rudden has Covid. Are the others all injured?