The Partick Thistle thread

22 hours ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Sounds as though he has some serious ongoing issues. Hopefully he gets the help he obviously needs.

The boy's a waste of a jersey, not convinced he'll ever really want the help he needs. 

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Interview with McCall says we're looking for one more defender, which suggests O'Ware on his way out to me.

Either that or someone to cover right and/or left back.

Not that I would be in any way opposed to O’Ware being gone.

Edit: actually, having just listened, seems like it’s definitely another centre half we’re after. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I do think we need another full back as I don't rate McKenna there much and he's next man up if either Foster or Holt are out, but it was the way McCall said about Bell knowing he was looking to sign another defender but still agreeing to sign which made me think the other defender would be a CB.

Edited by Fuctifano

19 minutes ago, macca937 said:

Has he been injured or just pish ? 

Both.

Done his ACL vs Dundee Utd before the end of August in his first season, missed the rest of that.

Wasn't great in his second season.

Injured his Achilles in pre season friendly last year and then some other injury  happened, never played a minute in a competitive game last season.

Under contract for another year but is the only real candidate under contract to be moved on / mutually consented (now that Lyons already has been moved on)

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Edit: actually, having just listened, seems like it’s definitely another centre half we’re after. 

This.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I do think we need another full back as I don't rate McKenna there much and he's next man up if either Foster or Holt are out, but it was the way McCall said about Bell knowing he was looking to sign another defender but still agreeing to sign which made me think the other defender would be a CB.

And this. With Bell re-signing, McCall could be planning to send Niang out on loan again.

Ideally, we need a right-back and a left-sided centre-back who can also cover left-back in an emergency.

Don't really see the point in loaning out Sena again, he's spent the last 2 years in league 1, he needs to fight for a spot at this level. 

We haven't signed many if anybody from outside Scotland since McCall came back, off the top of my head only Holt (who's not exactly an unknown at this level) and an extension for Reece Cole. Covid will have played a part in that but we might need to widen the net a bit now.

In defence we now have Foster, McKenna, Brownlie,O'Ware, Bell, Sena and Holt. If McCall  is saying he needs one more surely this means O'Ware will go?

I don't think Sena will go out on loan. He's capable of doing a job in both defence and midfield so worth having in our squad.

2 hours ago, Reid said:

Hopefully we’re looking for a new RB. Foster was poor there last season and McKenna looks so uncomfortable there.

I think we still need a keeper, right back and right winger. Another centre back as well if we can pap O'Ware.

It might be that we've identified loan options for these positions so waiting til teams are back for preseason.

7 hours ago, Jag71 said:

In defence we now have Foster, McKenna, Brownlie,O'Ware, Bell, Sena and Holt. If McCall  is saying he needs one more surely this means O'Ware will go?

I don't think Sena will go out on loan. He's capable of doing a job in both defence and midfield so worth having in our squad.

Not necessarily, Bell came cheap and is part time. Could be McCall see's Senna as back in midfield next season and not as a defender.

Edited by Big Jocks Chewin The Fat

8 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

I think we still need a keeper, right back and right winger. Another centre back as well if we can pap O'Ware.

Not convinced we’ll bring in a right-back, I reckon the plan is to have Foster there, agree we definitely still need a winger in and a keeper to compete with Sneddon. Not sure what’ll happen with O’Ware.