The Partick Thistle thread

8 hours ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

I am not sure him and Sneddon would be the right choice for goalkeepers. Unless Sneddon is for the offskie, then Wright would be a decent backup. I still think an experienced keeper is a must if we have designs on doing well this coming season.

I think quality more important than experience but can understand why the latter is sought after.

If Wright were available to sign full time (which I see has been pointed out he is not - as still under contract), I still think he would be the best option.

As far as I am aware, Sneddon hasn't agreed to sign yet either. It could be the case he is waiting to see who McCall brings in.

Following on from the publication of our Thistle managers section in May, the Thistle Archive is now very pleased to present the companion section - the Opposition Managers, with almost 700 new pages having been created. We examine every opposition manager/caretaker that Thistle have faced from 1903-04 onwards, with results summaries, every game managed and an overall comparison table. For added interest, a matrix of Thistle managers at the time is included within each of the match lists. Attentive users will note that every match hub (accessed via the result as usual) is hyperlinked. This is a statement of intent; we are now committed in the very near future to uploading at least a stub page for every single match in the club's history. At the time of writing, the links for matches between 1924-25 to 2012-13 remain unpopulated, so bear with us and we'll get to them during this close season.

The Opposition Managers →

E2-fXZVX0AAdnWW.jpg

E2-fVMiWYAI7RBh.png

mclean.jpg

man-john-lambie.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It'll be nice to have a match thread where it's not either 400 Falkirk fans or 1 Cove fan.

With reasonable Airdrie fans too. All very disconcerting, imo.

3 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Morning all. Nice view from up here.

Hopefully not hanging around too long either. Just hope the exit is up the way and not out the sluice gates back to the seaside...

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It'll be nice to have a match thread where it's not either 400 Falkirk fans or 1 Cove fan.

Hummmm….it was about 500 Falkirk to 1 Stranraer two years ago, seems those huge crowds may be slipping…

8 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It's not just the volume of Falkirk fans, it's that (when it's not a crowdwank) they just post starting elevens and formations. Millions of them.

Good to be back. 

Less good to note Rudden wasn't in the playing squad for the under 21s yesterday, at least if he's out for a bit now it'll be mostly pre season. Hopefully just a precaution. Or he went on the piss after the first game and was dropped.