The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I haven't seen much of Hamilton but there must be better options available.

It's always a risk to bring in players that the management team don't know well. Archie and Caldwell signed several duds from down south.

McCall knows Doohan and Wright who would do a good job for us.

Seemingly McCall has an 'experienced' keeper lined up.

If Wright is available I would prefer we went for him.

24 minutes ago, Jag71 said:

You would prefer someone else's youth to play on loan instead of having our own experienced keeper and our own younger keeper in Sneddon battling for the jersey? You are odd!

Wonder if the home kit will be a 1971 style or whether they'll do a one off* kit similar to the 1921 kit from earlier this year ? 

*well two off but you know what I mean. 

Edited by Fuctifano

9 minutes ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

You would prefer someone else's youth to play on loan instead of having our own experienced keeper and our own younger keeper in Sneddon battling for the jersey? You are odd!

I pointed out earlier that Transfermkt says that Wright is out of contract at Rangers.

It is possible that we could sign him on a permanent deal if Rangers release him or will accept a similar deal to Rudden's.

19 minutes ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

No. You're odd as I never mentioned anything about loan.

"IF WRIGHT AVAILABLE" as per a previous comment stating he is out of contract.

Is that OK?

8 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I remember the Clyde days. Their fans used to leave the ground a bigger shithole than it already was. Hated them being there.

Feeling was mutual.

However, a belated thanks for all the points.

18 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I pointed out earlier that Transfermkt says that Wright is out of contract at Rangers.

It is possible that we could sign him on a permanent deal if Rangers release him or will accept a similar deal to Rudden's.

Wright signed a two-year contract extension with Rangers earlier this year https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/kieran-wright-signs-new-rangers-contract/4gqmY6Pw6JQZb0rn0cKzo0

28 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Wright signed a two-year contract extension with Rangers earlier this year https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/kieran-wright-signs-new-rangers-contract/4gqmY6Pw6JQZb0rn0cKzo0

Thanks for that update. Transfermkt, like Wikipedia, is often unreliable but there's often no alternative. Sevco's website lists Wright in the first team squad so It would have been crazy to let his contract run out.

If Sneddon was getting a new deal, it should have been announced by now. I hope that he finds a new club quickly.

Btw, Joe Cardle has signed  for Kelty Hearts - https://spfl.co.uk/news/summer-signings-47729. Dean Watson has signed for East Stirling.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

3 hours ago, Jag71 said:

I would only go for Wright if it was a permanent deal (would have to be similar to Rudden's likely). If not then Sneddon & an experienced keeper (whoever that may be) could be the way to go. Should add however that Cammy Bell & Scott Fox were experienced keepers and neither of them were anything special during their most recent times with us. 

As for the calls that it may be Jack Hamilton (who's just been released by Dundee) - then definitely not. He's been a hopeless goalie for years and actually should've been booted out of Dundee a long time ago. He had a tremendous game against us for Hearts back in his youth I'm sure but bar that he's been awful. 

3 hours ago, Jag71 said:

No. You're odd as I never mentioned anything about loan.

"IF WRIGHT AVAILABLE" as per a previous comment stating he is out of contract.

Is that OK?

I am not sure him and Sneddon would be the right choice for goalkeepers. Unless Sneddon is for the offskie, then Wright would be a decent backup. I still think an experienced keeper is a must if we have designs on doing well this coming season.

1 hour ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

I still think an experienced keeper is a must if we have designs on doing well this coming season.

Problem might be as someone else highlighted - there is a distinct lack of experienced keepers going around that are good enough. Very few free agents. 

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

I would only go for Wright if it was a permanent deal (would have to be similar to Rudden's likely). If not then Sneddon & an experienced keeper (whoever that may be) could be the way to go. Should add however that Cammy Bell & Scott Fox were experienced keepers and neither of them were anything special during their most recent times with us. 

As for the calls that it may be Jack Hamilton (who's just been released by Dundee) - then definitely not. He's been a hopeless goalie for years and actually should've been booted out of Dundee a long time ago. He had a tremendous game against us for Hearts back in his youth I'm sure but bar that he's been awful. 

Oh please god no!

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

Problem might be as someone else highlighted - there is a distinct lack of experienced keepers going around that are good enough. Very few free agents. 

I have changed my mind, especially if it may be Jack Hamilton. I would rather Alan Rough or Kenny Arthur come back out of retirement than that!