The Partick Thistle thread

22 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

The squads, what, 3 or 4 players away? Keeper, right back, right mid and maybe another centre back? A 4th choice striker if we are being greedy?

Happy days.

We've got 15 on the books now, so I'd say another 6 although 2 of them will be keepers. Might be even bigger if we're allowed 6 loans again. 

Must be some shock to Archibald that you can sign players before the first weekend in August. 

56 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

This one?

you know in a certain angle, at a certain light, i kinda think he looks a bit like Elton John

image.png.fe39f5b5b80a28cb753ead8ced290a48.pngimage.png.88ce41bed01a39ebb709dd8228b4bf5e.png 

Anyway - extremely promising that we've bagged Tiffoney + Turner, we might well be moving towards something we can build from to get back into the top flight rather than the assortment of misfits and jobbers that have regularly ended up at Firhill over the past 3 or 4 years. Rudden getting a bit more settled after injuries too. Braw.

4 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

you know in a certain angle, at a certain light, i kinda think he looks a bit like Elton John

image.png.fe39f5b5b80a28cb753ead8ced290a48.pngimage.png.88ce41bed01a39ebb709dd8228b4bf5e.png 

Anyway - extremely promising that we've bagged Tiffoney + Turner, we might well be moving towards something we can build from to get back into the top flight rather than the assortment of misfits and jobbers that have regularly ended up at Firhill over the past 3 or 4 years. Rudden getting a bit more settled after injuries too. Braw.

Could McCall release a new single called ‘ Step into Tiffmas’?

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

We've got 15 on the books now, so I'd say another 6 although 2 of them will be keepers. Might be even bigger if we're allowed 6 loans again. 

Just watched the latest McCall interview, said a squad of 19 plus keepers plus the kids. Sounds like a non-Sneddon keeper and  "one of the boys from last year" (Bell most likely though it could be a sensational return for Adam Devine) are next

Edited by Fuctifano

Would imagine we’ll end up with at least one loan from the OF. Doohan would make sense.
Those were my exact thoughts when I watched McCall's interview. Beginning to think they aren't going to offer Sneddon a contract.

How was the pitch when we shared with Clyde and Hamilton previously? Those tenancies predate my Firhill attendance, and whilst I remember having to share a pitch with the rugby cloggers (and the disaster the pitch became through that), I’m assuming it wasn’t that bad when it was just football being played?

Either way, this is far from ideal, even if the club use the “bigger budget” chat to try and pacify fans.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

How was the pitch when we shared with Clyde and Hamilton previously? Those tenancies predate my Firhill attendance, and whilst I remember having to share a pitch with the rugby cloggers (and the disaster the pitch became through that), I’m assuming it wasn’t that bad when it was just football being played?

Either way, this is far from ideal, even if the club use the “bigger budget” chat to try and pacify fans.

I remember the Clyde days. Their fans used to leave the ground a bigger shithole than it already was. Hated them being there.

It shouldn’t be as bad as the rugby, and a decent pitch should be able to manage a game per week on average. My only concern would be where we’re both playing at home on the same weekend - if we bump QP to Friday night they’ll get the “good” pitch and we would play on it the following day which wouldn’t be ideal. Prefer if we push them to the Sunday.

How does a ground share work?

Assume QP pay all the security and catering costs, but do they chip in with clean up costs as well?

Do they have their own groundsman or do they use ours. And if so, do QP pay his extra wages?

Also assume people from Thistle would need to be there. Do they get paid extra or do they just get time off during the week. A time when they would normally be focusing on Thistle?

Not against this move tbh, more just curious how it works.

From my recollection of ground shares:-

• Promoted to top tier the season after we got rid of Clyde. (91/92)
  • Promoted to top tier the season after we got rid of Hamilton. (01/02)
  • Promoted to top tier the season after we got rid of Glasgow Warriors. (12/13)

Maybe we’re playing the long game and gambling on a pattern?