The Partick Thistle thread

I'm wondering if Williamson leaving, which is both expected and correct decision, means Foster will be getting another year. Interestingly when he's been on the radio recently there hasn't been a single question to him asking about his plans for next season.

4 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Shocked to find Holt is only 28. Feels like hes been about for ages.

He's been playing first team football since he was 18 so he's been around over ten years.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

More than good enough for Championship football. Bit like bambi on ice at times, however.

Good signing for Thistle will not find a  better left back had hoped he would be back at Queens but not this time 

Solid enough signing for Thistle. Never really reached his previous heights with us the second time but he was still a comfortable Championship player though. Hopefully the only former QoS player you sign...

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Solid enough signing for Thistle. Never really reached his previous heights with us the second time but he was still a comfortable Championship player though. Hopefully the only former QoS player you sign...

Genuine question are there others you are expecting us to sign?

Genuine question are there others you are expecting us to sign?
He clearly has a year left in him and if he stays in this country to play it'll surely only be for McCall. Nothing to go on other than my own thinking.
For some reason Dobbie keeps popping up as a rumour. Would rather Connor Shields tbh.  
Obviously. An up and coming player over one on the way out is a no-brainer. I expect Shields will be heading higher than this division though.

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He clearly has a year left in him and if he stays in this country to play it'll surely only be for McCall. Nothing to go on other than my own thinking. Obviously. An up and coming player over one on the way out is a no-brainer. I expect Shields will be heading higher than this division though.

Think Dobbie will end up playing near his home at a club like Fylde.  A wasn't to impressed with Holt last time at Queens 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Disappointed with Cardle leaving, I believe he could have done a job for one more season in the Championship. You would think McCall will have someone lined up to replace Cardle. Williamson I am unsurprised at due to the talk that he was away on a PCA to Falkirk. Holt seems like a solid signing.

I'd be surprised if we signed anyone just now given we don't have a manager. And given it was M&M who probably targeted Williamson it wouldn't make sense to sign him now. But we are a complete basket case so he'll probably sign in the next day or two then not feature at all when the new manager comes in. It's how we roll.

19 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Disappointed with Cardle leaving, I believe he could have done a job for one more season in the Championship. You would think McCall will have someone lined up to replace Cardle. Williamson I am unsurprised at due to the talk that he was away on a PCA to Falkirk. Holt seems like a solid signing.

Any idea where Cardle is going? Thought he looked decent for L1. Sure Partick will step up their recruitment and be going for a higher calibre of player to push for playoff spots next season in the championship

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Any idea where Cardle is going? Thought he looked decent for L1. Sure Partick will step up their recruitment and be going for a higher calibre of player to push for playoff spots next season in the championship

There’s rumours Cardle will be signing for Kelty Hearts

11 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd be surprised if we signed anyone just now given we don't have a manager. And given it was M&M who probably targeted Williamson it wouldn't make sense to sign him now. But we are a complete basket case so he'll probably sign in the next day or two then not feature at all when the new manager comes in. It's how we roll.

Is it not Holt in the DoF role who would make the transfer decisions at Falkirk and have wanted to sign Williamson?