The Partick Thistle thread

Following on from the creation of our new People category in the top navigation bar, we're now very pleased to present to you our sub-category Managers, which houses profile hubs for all 32 men who've officially managed the club, including permanents and caretakers alike. As with our 2,000 player hubs, the manager's hubs are open for any creative development ideas. For now, a mini-bio is included, together with stats summaries, sortable comparison tables, a full list of games managed and a note of their "Thistle honours" wherever appropriate. The entire breadth of the club's history is at your fingertips. It's a great development for the Archive, and we hope you find these pages informative and maybe even entertaining, although that might be pushing it a bit...

Managers A-Z →

managers.png

Thinking about the squad for next season, in my big post I forgot that we should offer Penrice a contract as he's still of an age where we can get compensation if he leaves. Also if Livi are interested it could be a useful bargaining chip to get Tiffoney to come the other way.

Genuinely quite excited for gtf day.

Back to where we belong, as a middling first division team who have an occasional dalliance with the bottom half of the premier Division before rejoining the fold.

Can't wait. Genuinely.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Thinking about the squad for next season, in my big post I forgot that we should offer Penrice a contract as he's still of an age where we can get compensation if he leaves. Also if Livi are interested it could be a useful bargaining chip to get Tiffoney to come the other way.

Is it workable that both clubs could agree not to seek compensation if Tiffoney does sign for us and Penrice for them?

I have to admit I have no idea how the technicalities of pre-contract compensation work. Say if we’ve offered Penrice a deal already but he’s got an offer from Livi as well (which he accepts) - are we automatically due compensation or is it something we need to actively seek?

Hopefully some kind of convenient workaround can be agreed. Swapping Penrice for Tiffoney with no compensation due feels like a really good deal for us, so fingers crossed it’s possible.

Edited by Nightmare

I don't have much idea either tbh, I originally thought it was a fixed amount in line with FIFA guidelines but the SPFL rules which I ctrl-f searched suggest it's to be negotiated or goes to tribunal. Rule F3 it refers to is just confirming it only applies up until the season in which they turn 23 (which for both JP & ST is next season so both are covered by it this close season) and rule F5 /6 are the one saying we need to offer at least the same terms.

If it is negotiation rather than a fixed amount it would probably help as we seem to have a decent relationship with Livi.

image.png.b1e5047044f80110d71a8ecb3a5322f7.png

Only about 35mins long but a decent listen. Didn't realise Bell still had a full time job whilst playing for us, I'd just assumed the guys like him that came in from the Lowland League were furloughed or out of work which allowed them to sign with a fulll time club.