The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, Fuctifano said:

I would try and move O'Ware on but realistically we've paid his wages to rehab for a year and we would then be giving him a payoff as well AND paying wages for a replacement so I think the chances of him being at Firhill next season are very high. 

Higher than the chances of him kicking a ba'?

1 hour ago, Jollyjag said:

Medal ceremony on Wednesday andMcCall has apparently banned SPFL from Firhill good interview he spoke well

Banning the SPFL and SFA is tinpot behaviour IMO. 

Leave that petty shite to Rangers* and Hearts.

Even if people think we were harshly treated (I dont), surely its a missed opportunity as a GIRFUY? 

34 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Surely nobody who thought about it for more than 30 seconds should believe Ian McCall or anybody else could ban the SFA and SPFL from a football match in Scotland in an SPFL league where SPFL trophies and medals are to be handed out

Who are we playing on Wednesday when the trophy is being handed out?

2 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Medal ceremony on Wednesday andMcCall has apparently banned SPFL from Firhill good interview he spoke well

Good. Don’t imagine there are many ways to protest against SFA or SPFL without facing punishment so be good if possible just as a GIRUY, even if it is just a PR stunt to unite Thistle fans and create ‘world against us’ mindset. 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Surely nobody who thought about it for more than 30 seconds should believe Ian McCall or anybody else could ban the SFA and SPFL from a football match in Scotland in an SPFL league where SPFL trophies and medals are to be handed out

Fanny

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

surely its a missed opportunity as a GIRFUY? 

I’m not sure Doncaster & Co will be overly concerned in a GIRFUY anyway. McCall is correct, I’d much rather we got someone from the club to hand out the medals (and this goes for in general when a team win a title) than an SFA official.

57 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I’m not sure Doncaster & Co will be overly concerned in a GIRFUY anyway. McCall is correct, I’d much rather we got someone from the club to hand out the medals (and this goes for in general when a team win a title) than an SFA official.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this, of course.

But for me its just all very petty. Very "you cant come to my birthday party" sort of stuff you'd hear off a bratty kid.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Surely in general it is protocol for the prizes to be handed out by the organisers and/or sponsors?

World Cup/Forfarshire Cup/School sports day, it's always that way, and rightly so.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:
Does Ian McCall have clothes that aren't training gear. And that top definitely isn't from this spell as Thistle manager.

Not the first time he has been seen in old club gear

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ian-mccalls-embarrassing-kit-gaffe-20644341

You see c***s wearing retro gear all the time. The man is a fashionista.

Congratulations on promotion  and it was indeed tough how it ended the previous season but genuine question

Given clubs voted against reconstruction what should have happened with the placings? its very easy to say your club was hard done by its another to come up with a fair alternative solution. 

1 hour ago, arabdelic said:

Congratulations on promotion  and it was indeed tough how it ended the previous season but genuine question

Given clubs voted against reconstruction what should have happened with the placings? its very easy to say your club was hard done by its another to come up with a fair alternative solution. 

That hasn't stopped Hearts,  Partick Thistle and Stranraer playing the victim card.  If anyone thinks any of those Clubs wouldn't have voted for self-preservation above "sporting integrity" if they hadn't been in the relegation positions then they must be very naive. 

MC Call also saying he won't be including last season's  relegation and this season's promotion on his CV as they weren't done during "normal" seasons.  Strange then that the players were wildly celebrating behind a big banner  winning a title when it seemingly wasn't won over a normal season. If Low,  Britton and McCall are petty enough to ban SPFL and SFA members attending the presentation,   the SPFL is probably within its rights to be just as petty and not send a trophy to be presented. 

10 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this, of course.

But for me its just all very petty. Very "you cant come to my birthday party" sort of stuff you'd hear off a bratty kid.

Our club could have gone out of existence let’s not forget with the SFA and SPFL last year, so it was a bit more serious than just a can’t come to a birthday scenario

17 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Unfortunately, I think our central defensive partnership next season is likely to include Tam O’Ware. Admittedly, I think most of his Thistle career to date has been beside Sean McGinty so maybe (and I’m aware I’m massively clutching at straws here) with a competent player next to him, which Brownlie appears to be, he might be ok.

When we signed o'ware ihad 2 Morton supporting work mates who were gutted to see him go, gave a glowing report so I was surprised he wasn't better than he was. It's a good point you make re his pairing with, bar a few exceptions, a clusterfuck of a defender in McGinty. McKenna was/is a centre half so perhaps he will be in McCall's plans for playing in the centre.