The Partick Thistle thread

Kevin nisbet  started out at Hibernian and hendry was with celtic.our record of players starting out at thistle is poor a lot of money has been put into the youth system with poor results
Nisbet joined Thistle at 15 before the words Thistle and Weir had ever been collocated. The vast majority of players change clubs at a young age; is Hamilton's youth system shite all of a sudden because internationals McArthur, Devlin and Brophy all had other clubs before ending up there at 16?

3 hours ago, Maine said:

Who is Ben Goodwin?

A Jags fan who was going into surgery to keep him alive today. The club played a song for him over the tannoy at Firhill on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The club posting cryptic messages like a maw on facebook.

What cryptic message? 

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

A Jags fan who was going into surgery to keep him alive today. The club played a song for him over the tannoy at Firhill on Saturday. 

What cryptic message? 

It’s a big 36 hours coming up for Jags fan Ben Goodwin in Australia.

Good luck, Ben, you’re in our thoughts – you’re not alone.

We’ll play your song “Slow” again at our next home game… ❤️💛🖤

That one. No context or information but posted on all the club's social media accounts and the official website. I'd expect that type of nonsense on the facebook profile of the likes of Jacqui Low, not the club's official channels.

The Twitter and Facebook post is for a Thistle fan who lives in Australia, Ben Goodwin. Who is having major surgery tomorrow which is his only chance at survival. He makes music and requested for his song to be played at Firhill which it was at the last match.  If you check the main fan run Thistle Facebook page there have been posts by Ben Goodwin about it there. 

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That one. No context or information but posted on all the club's social media accounts and the official website. I'd expect that type of nonsense on the facebook profile of the likes of Jacqui Low, not the club's official channels.

Can only imagine, because the club presumed most Thistle fans already knew, it’s been well documented on JagZone and as said above the fans forum on Facebook. They possibly should’ve but a bit more information about Ben then, but the club have did very well on this by all accounts, which is great to hear. 

Edited by JagsCG

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55091790

Correct me if I’m wrong but, the whole reason for stopping the leagues early last year was to issue the money gained from broadcasting rights. The final payment to all SPFL member clubs hasn’t been released yet. If I am correct, this just shows that Doncaster and his cronies couldn’t care less.. what a shambles of an organisation. 

16 hours ago, JmSG said:

Hello, Could someone inform me the playing positions of the following former players of Partick Thistle?

Ian Cameron
Gary Peebles
Ray Farningham

They were all central midfielders though Cameron sometimes played wide left.

assuming you mean Ian Cameron Sr from the early 90s and not his son who played a couple of games for us in the mid 2000s

Edited by Fuctifano

7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

They were all central midfielders though Cameron sometimes played wide left.

assuming you mean Ian Cameron Sr from the early 90s and not his son who played a couple of games for us in the mid 2000s

Peebles also filled in at right back on occasion.

1 hour ago, mrcat1990 said:

Is the official Facebook page now just a personal listings page? Constant posts about birthdays or deaths.

official site has these really often too, yeah. Might be a nice little touch for the families of the deceased I suppose.

If its just a temporary thing during Covid then I'm not too bothered by it, might help even a tiny bit if someone is feeling alone during all this.

edit: also if its a slow news day for the club which they usually are...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

23 hours ago, J.A.G said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55091790

Correct me if I’m wrong but, the whole reason for stopping the leagues early last year was to issue the money gained from broadcasting rights. The final payment to all SPFL member clubs hasn’t been released yet. If I am correct, this just shows that Doncaster and his cronies couldn’t care less.. what a shambles of an organisation. 

You are wrong.

The pay-out at the end of the last season was the final tranche of prize money under the main sponsorship agreement (Ladbrokes). That is usually paid out at the season’s end in May.

This is about the pay out of broadcasting revenues under the TV deals the League has. Although this relates to last season, that money is usually paid out the following season anyway.

You’re comparing apples and oranges.

20 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Is the official Facebook page now just a personal listings page? Constant posts about birthdays or deaths.

And yet .... on three occasions over the past few months I’ve contacted the club to tell them that my dad (s/t holder) was seriously ill and then died. I didn’t receive a response to any of the emails. This has been festering with me, and it’s getting worse with the constant comms from the club about other supporters. TBC, we’re just ‘normal’ s/t holders, so I wouldn’t expect for one second an announcement or anything. All I wanted was ‘sorry your dad died’. But nothing.