The Partick Thistle thread

On 14/10/2020 at 08:00, JudgeMudge said:

Excluding the last 20 mins against St Mirren and the first half against Queens Park, I think we’ve looked pretty good. Defence looks fairly solid (that 20 mins aside). Not creating enough good chances though. 

I would like Lyons to get more game time and see what he can add to our attacking threat. 

Had my first ever non-uni/school bit of writing published recently and wrote a bit about how you lot are shaping up this season. Feel free to take a look if you’ve got the time and agree or disagree with what I’ve said!

https://thelocalscot.co.uk/f/the-5-teams-to-watch-in-the-scottish-lower-leagues-this-season
Pretty decent. But I'll be amazed if hearts can better their 91 point total with a maximum of 81 to play for, that really would be a remarkable achievement

33 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
3 hours ago, Sheriff Harry S. Truman said:
Had my first ever non-uni/school bit of writing published recently and wrote a bit about how you lot are shaping up this season. Feel free to take a look if you’ve got the time and agree or disagree with what I’ve said!

https://thelocalscot.co.uk/f/the-5-teams-to-watch-in-the-scottish-lower-leagues-this-season

Pretty decent. But I'll be amazed if hearts can better their 91 point total with a maximum of 81 to play for, that really would be a remarkable achievement

Ffs 🤦‍♂️
that’s one that won’t be repeated again hahahahaha

Sneddon prevented that from being 3 or 4. Absolute shambles. Powder puff up front, and as for Rudden, Archie saying he had a wee niggle and they didn’t want to risk him, well I am afraid guys are going to have to fight through that barrier in a 27 game season. My guess is that he ripped his tights in the warm up. McCall must be under pressure even this early in the season!

Edited by Sting777

1 minute ago, Sting777 said:

Sneddon prevented that from being 3 or 4. Absolute shambles. Powder puff up front, and as for Rudden, Archie saying he had a wee niggle and they didn’t want to risk him, well I am afraid guys are going to have to fight through that barrier in a 27 game season. My guess is that he ripped his tights!! McCall must be under pressure even this early in the season!

That’s your one positive there - Sneddon looked very good. 

Blaming the SPFL and other clubs for us getting relegated last season was a complete smokescreen. The chairman and manager (and his assistants) were 100% responsible for getting us to League 1. And it looks like lessons have not been learned. Same shite, different season. No goals, no chances, no creativity or imagination. This is McCall’s squad now and he has no excuses. He has to win the next 3 games to keep his job.

On 26/08/2020 at 09:52, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Yeah, I've got a horrible sinking feeling that we're going to be nearer the bottom than the top. I don't think I'll be able to shake off the sheer pessimism from the last 3+ calendar years of shite served up by Thistle until I'm seeing us consistently defend set pieces properly, win by more than the skin of our teeth etc.

Well today hasn't fucking helped.