The Partick Thistle thread

Good to actually have something concrete to plan towards now, even though it is still months away.  Question now is whether there'll be attendances by then.  I'd earmarked Broadwood as a good one to slip off to while the wife and kid were at the in-laws just up the road, but doubt we'll be at that stage by October (although would love to be proved wrong)

1 hour ago, Walter said:
6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Who is he, did they get a tramp in to help out with the modelling?

Stuart Bannigan. He's not a tramp he's the captain of a U-boat.

I hope we don't end up giving him DAS BOOT!  Ha!

Shite, I know.

Fixtures out then. Christmas/ New Year period looks decent and not too bad for the run in.

PTFC-Fixtures-out-2020-21-Fixtures-out_FIRST-5.thumb.jpg.cd428f8a3067fe82ed7d5e2225af39a3.jpg

Good that the opening fixture away to clyde will in all likelihood be played behind closed doors.

PTFC-Fixtures-out-2020-21-Fixtures-out_FIRST-5-HOME-GAMES.thumb.jpg.09364e60dc74213ebf01ad772075bc11.jpg

PTFC-Fixtures-out-2020-21-Fixtures-out_Festive-Fixtures.thumb.jpg.7a529601819bd3dfbb65202989502d8b.jpg

PTFC-Fixtures-out-2020-21-Fixtures-out_FINAL-5.thumb.jpg.8a541dea0428438febdec40a71368b8e.jpg

Partick-Thistle-FC-Fixtures-2020-21.thumb.jpg.9b5e98bd294081fa72b3deb9da17a339.jpg

If McCall can get the mind-set of the squad into a winning one rather than a mewling pile of cat sick we must be looking at a head to head with Falkirk for the title.

Cove may have something to say about that but hard to hype them until we can see who they get through the door.

With 27 games there's not much margin for error and we need wins on the board from the offset. 

Clyde game probably benefits us with it probably being behind closed doors.

Hopefully this abridged season has a similar outcome to 75/76 which saw only 26 games as it was a 14 team division  with home and away games played due to the start of the Scottish Premier League.

Won 17 Drew 7 Lost 2 for 41 points as 2 pts for a win. GF 47 GA 19 GD +28

Have the club mentioned anywhere if they're going to change what they're offering for season tickets or is it just a case of if you want one you have to stump up for the current offer which is based on 18 games rather than 14?

Edited by Pie Of The Month

41 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

Aren’t we all just moving on from this now??

I'd love to read about anything else. 

27 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Have the club mentioned anywhere if they're going to change what they're offering for season tickets or is it just a case of if you want one you have to stump up for the current offer which is based on 18 games rather than 14?

Have not seen it mentioned anywhere at all, almost like they're hoping people just renew anyway. I think last time I checked my renewal price was £290 but, I'm really reluctant to renew with less games and no indication yet about being able to attend any. 

Edited by thistledo

Have not seen it mentioned anywhere at all, almost like they're hoping people just renew anyway. I think last time I checked my renewal price was £290 but, I'm really reluctant to renew with less games and no indication yet about being able to attend any. 
When last season ended abruptly the club offered a refund for the unplayed games. I'm sure they would do likewise in the event that spectators were not permitted.

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

I'd love to read about anything else. 

If supporters can’t attend the first few matches, then we’ll likely get a stream (ST holders free of charge) of the matches.
What they could do to try and slightly balance out the tickets more as it’s a reduced league season, (if reduced crowds can be permitted) is allow ST holders into the Betfred Cup Group Stage matches for no extra cost, I take it the split gate fee won’t be in action, as I doubt away fans will be in attendance at the matches, but reduced home crowds might. Apart from that I don’t see what else they can do, they can’t put the fee down now because many if have probably already got their ST for the fixed price it’s been for months. 

If supporters can’t attend the first few matches, then we’ll likely get a stream (ST holders free of charge) of the matches.
What they could do to try and slightly balance out the tickets more as it’s a reduced league season, (if reduced crowds can be permitted) is allow ST holders into the Betfred Cup Group Stage matches for no extra cost, I take it the split gate fee won’t be in action, as I doubt away fans will be in attendance at the matches, but reduced home crowds might. Apart from that I don’t see what else they can do, they can’t put the fee down now because many if have probably already got their ST for the fixed price it’s been for months. 

Is it likely we will be able to stream matches on a Saturday afternoon ?

We have done it with old games each week throughout the shutdown, but I notice this weeks showing is on Friday night - presuming Sky not allowing it due to premiership starting back.

40 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Is it likely we will be able to stream matches on a Saturday afternoon ?

We have done it with old games each week throughout the shutdown, but I notice this weeks showing is on Friday night - presuming Sky not allowing it due to premiership starting back.

If we aren’t able to go to games I’d imagine we’d be allowed to stream, the same as all the Premiership clubs are doing as of Saturday at 3 as well, for the foreseeable, as long as it’s generating money and not going out for free (however ST holders could be given JagZone for free if we did it, so they could watch it without any extra cost, type of thing). In terms of the old game, the SPFL had issued a licence to show old matches for free during lockdown but that ends on Saturday (hence the Friday night change). The club could technically (although we aren’t) still show old matches on Saturday at 3 but they’d need to be generating money from fans to show them I think, and they wouldn’t be allowed to be shown on YouTube either probably. 

Edited by JagsCG

If we aren’t able to go to games I’d imagine we’d be allowed to stream, the same as all the Premiership clubs are doing as of Saturday at 3 as well, for the foreseeable, as long as it’s generating money and not going out for free (however ST holders could be given JagZone for free if we did it, so they could watch it without any extra cost, type of thing). In terms of the old game, the SPFL had issued a licence to show old matches for free during lockdown but that ends on Saturday (hence the Friday night change). The club could technically (although we aren’t) still show old matches on Saturday at 3 but they’d need to be generating money from fans to show them I think, and they wouldn’t be allowed to be shown on YouTube either probably. 

Ah ok- hadn’t heard about that.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Split gate will surely still be in place for cup ties - nothing to do with away fans being present or not