The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Would be surprised if there was any great desire within the SFA to kick Partick and Hearts when they’re down.  Some kind of suspended punishment would draw a line under things.   Can’t understand why you guys didn’t pursue some kind of compensation payment back in April rather than the legal route.  Gerry Britton seems to think he’s smarter than the average bear.  

Where do you get that from? Gerry has been silent for months, (I think an interview with someone about a week after the season was halted is maybe all there’s been) in fact no one knows how involved he actually is with the whole legal thing. 

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

Would be surprised if there was any great desire within the SFA to kick Partick and Hearts when they’re down.  Some kind of suspended punishment would draw a line under things.   Can’t understand why you guys didn’t pursue some kind of compensation payment back in April rather than the legal route.  Gerry Britton seems to think he’s smarter than the average bear.  

Doncaster said quite eagerly on Sportsound at the time that that was something that could be discussed. I suppose Thistle thought that reconstruction was still a possibility, not sure why. When that didn't work they should have obviously gone the compo route with the threat of litigation behind it, Budge had to get her fans back onside though.

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Jacqui Low with another birthday card pish type statement.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/message-to-the-partick-thistle-family/

That really is a very cringeworthy statement. Yet another condemnation of self interest where that self interest isnt Partick Thistle's self interest without even a hint of irony in it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Ok JLow  let’s not forget what’s happened here .Especially when your entertaining the board members of the clubs that voted against league reconstruction or does that just take things a wee bit to far

3 minutes ago, kerly said:

Ok JLow  let’s not forget what’s happened here .Especially when your entertaining the board members of the clubs that voted against league reconstruction or does that just take things a wee bit to far

She'll be like 'do you want a bit of this apple?'

See the source image

2 hours ago, banditjag said:

Aye, so you would. Not a true fan with a statement like that or are you more motivated towards a wind up?

You are right, re the statement. Utter embarrassment and as many have said on here the management and leadership has been poor at both the top of the spfl and Thistle, no arguement there.

2 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Quite an embarrassing thing to say. It’s only a statement. No fan would wish their club didn’t exist. 

Did either of you happen to hear a faint whooshing noise overhead while typing these replies?

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I’d honestly rather Dunfermline ceased to exist than my club issue a statement like that.

Truly mortifying.

I think your club are Past Masters at putting out cringeworthy statements. You tried hard to cease to exist in recent years, but getting your zero pence in the £ CVA kept you going.

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Only the second most embarrassing statement I've read today. We have a new contender..

Nah, I dont think we do. Ann Budge's statement is what you would expect from the losing side in a dispute. Still cant comprehend how they lost, repeats the same things again, bit bitter but its not unexpected. The Thistle statement with its 'everyone's out to get us' paranoia tone along with the creepy 'Thistle Family' patter is much worse for me.

As I have said all along, I blame Hearts for this legal debacle entirely. Once it already existed Thistle can hardly be particularly blamed for taking a free ride along with it, especially as any fool can see they were MUCH more unfortunate than Hearts in the calculations. However, Thistle's public statements on it have been massively more cringeworthy than Hearts ones. They have been consistently dreadful attempts to play the 'everyone is going out of their way to pick on us' card.

5 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I think your club are Past Masters at putting out cringeworthy statements. You tried hard to cease to exist in recent years, but getting your zero pence in the £ CVA kept you going.

We could cook Sammy the Tammy and use his hairy meat in the bridies and the Pars would still be behind Thistle in the shame stakes.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nah, I dont think we do. Ann Budge's statement is what you would expect from the losing side in a dispute. Still cant comprehend how they lost, repeats the same things again, bit bitter but its not unexpected. The Thistle statement with its 'everyone's out to get us' paranoia tone along with the creepy 'Thistle Family' patter is much worse for me.

As I have said all along, I blame Hearts for this legal debacle entirely. Once it already existed Thistle can hardly be particularly blamed for taking a free ride along with it, especially as any fool can see they were MUCH more unfortunate than Hearts in the calculations. However, Thistle's public statements on it have been massively more cringeworthy than Hearts ones. They have been consistently dreadful attempts to play the 'everyone is going out of their way to pick on us' card.

I always felt Hearts needed Thistle for the genuine unfairness credibility, wouldn't have been surprised if they contributed to Thistle's costs. Let's face it when Hearts go beat off St Mirren before lockdown they were not coming back & were basically relegated. Thistle on the other hand had every chance.

Hearts are the true villains here and I can only feel sorry for PTFC but the member clubs voted for it & it's a members competition so it has to stand.     

7 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Has Gerry Britton really got a law degree or was it an attendance record certificate?

Not in sports law 

He’s a criminal defence lawyer (or at least has a degree in it) 

"Never forget"

As long as the rest of Scottish foootball never forget how Partiick Thistle have behvaed at the bbehest of their new best friends from Edinburgh,

I wish nothing but misfortune on Partick Thistle.

Edited by Romeo

1 minute ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Why is a Celtic fan so upset? Upset that for once they can’t play the vhictim card?

He's desperate for mates.

Presumably he's seen everyone on the Premiership forum mocking and slating Hearts/Thistle and decided to try and join in.

Effectively this...

557919834_hqdefault(1).jpg.9a97ee1f802c7d1b94a33aaea7d15a42.jpg

He's desperate for mates.
Presumably he's seen everyone on the Premiership forum mocking and slating Hearts/Thistle and decided to try and join in.
Effectively this...
557919834_hqdefault(1).jpg.9a97ee1f802c7d1b94a33aaea7d15a42.jpg
Horrendous patter.

Hopefully Thistle go down again.