The Partick Thistle thread

Of all the players under contract for next season he was the one I was really hoping would jump shift. Pretty obviously one of our high earners, a bang average keeper and blocking the pathway to a decent young prospect in Sneddon. Would quite like us to sign Neil Parry or someone similar as a backup keeper, even if he's on a part-time contract. Or does anyone know if young Scullion is ready to play second fiddle?
Neil Parry would be number 1.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think Celtic will probably try to offload him permanently this summer given he’s not going to have much of a future at the club.

Is he likely to go to Ayr on a permanent basis? 

Is he likely to go to Ayr on a permanent basis? 

Not unless we can afford to pay any asking price.

We bought Jordan Houston in January for a fee although it had other clauses similar to the deal you did for Rudden. I’d imagine Doohan might be more in demand though. He apparently turned down a move to Livingston in the summer to come back to us for another year. With McCrorie going back to Rangers they might try and go for him again.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

He should have been sacked for gross misconduct after his performance in the defeat at Cappielow.

Any other keeper would have not done that. We would have won and probably not bottom when the season was cut very short because of the pandemic 

55 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Where you getting that from?
There's surely no way Celtic would loan him to a League 1 side when there would be top end Championship and probably lower end Premiership teams after him? Hamilton and Ross County spring to mind from the Prem at least.

Him going to Hearts on loan would make the most sense IMO.

There could be a number of reasons why we could still end up playing in the championship next season eg reconstruction, teams going bust etc. 
while we are now a league one club now the situation could change in numerous ways over the next few months 

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The Stenhousemuir chairman yesterday spoke of natural selection over the next few weeks. This might be the shortest stay in another division yet 

Surely not after everyones got their 50k off budges m8.🤣

51 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The Stenhousemuir chairman yesterday spoke of natural selection over the next few weeks. This might be the shortest stay in another division yet 

I've just updated the link in my bookmarks to go to the League One forum so it better not be.

Stirring it a bit but what do you guys think about the current Colt teams proposal, wouldya want them admitted so you could avoid relegation?

Amid football's shutdown, SPFL clubs have discussed various models of reconstruction but none have been put to a vote as yet. As well as integrating B teams, Rangers' proposal would offer a reprieve from relegation for Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer and invite Brora Rangers and Kelty Hearts into the senior set-up.

Edited by btb