The Partick Thistle thread

14 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Some of that pish was signed by our assistant manager....not sticking up for Caldwell but he also won at inverness last season..and inherited a squad a lot worse than this year's....the management have to sort out this defence asap...4 out the bsck 5 today were signed or signed extensions by this management team

Caldwell inherited a bad squad left by Archibald, and then proceeded to make it even worse. Of all his signings, only McDonald and Anderson had a positive impact, and they’re both gone.

Your point about the defence is valid. The one thing I’d really question McCall on so far is why he’s come in and seen how terrible this defence is, and has decided that signing two of them long term is worthwhile. I can almost get the Penrice signing as he’s still young (although needs to improve a lot), but I’d be chasing O’Ware instead of offering the c**t another couple of years.

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Caldwell inherited a bad squad left by Archibald, and then proceeded to make it even worse. Of all his signings, only McDonald and Anderson had a positive impact, and they’re both gone.

Your point about the defence is valid. The one thing I’d really question McCall on so far is why he’s come in and seen how terrible this defence is, and has decided that signing two of them long term is worthwhile. I can almost get the Penrice signing as he’s still young (although needs to improve a lot), but I’d be chasing O’Ware instead of offering the c**t another couple of years.

Agree but you have to give Caldwell credit last year apart from giving harkins an 18 month contract we had a good transfer window...McMillan saunders and cardle all made a contribution..the squad we began last season at ayr was one of the worst in years...this squad should be doing a lot better..Brownlie who our assistant manager didnt rate better hit the ground running...i have no doubt Graham and rudden if he stays fit will score goals..but defensively we are miles away..both keepers are not commanding enough either...league 1 with these players on these contracts is a worry

7 hours ago, IR1970 said:

Agree but you have to give Caldwell credit last year apart from giving harkins an 18 month contract we had a good transfer window...McMillan saunders and cardle all made a contribution..the squad we began last season at ayr was one of the worst in years...this squad should be doing a lot better..Brownlie who our assistant manager didnt rate better hit the ground running...i have no doubt Graham and rudden if he stays fit will score goals..but defensively we are miles away..both keepers are not commanding enough either...league 1 with these players on these contracts is a worry

Caldwell also signed Ally Roy, Gary Harkins and Lewis Mansell, so let’s not make like that January transfer window was a master stroke rather than he called in a favour from a mate.

While we are still playing with a sieve at the back it’s hard to be too confident about getting off the bottom. If we could stop conceding from set pieces nearly every week. 

It’s almost getting to the stage that I’d be happy to see a 0-0 rather than a score win...

If Carlsberg done weekends..

See you next season if we dont pass each other [emoji1267]

Nae offence wee man but there is more chance of you being thick enough to send another user your bank details again than there is of clyde being in the championship next season

5 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Caldwell also signed Ally Roy, Gary Harkins and Lewis Mansell, so let’s not make like that January transfer window was a master stroke rather than he called in a favour from a mate.

I did say harkins was a mistake..but he has to be given credit for the turnaround January onwards...defensively stronger..anderson..McMillan and even saunders were excellent..he got the best out mcginty..f**k remember people singing his name..its now the new management teams defence they will be judged end of season..

Personally I would prefer Berra at this moment in time. Still supreme in the air, though hasn’t got the legs anymore.  Every time a ball comes into our area panic sets in. Berra would surely sort that and bring some semblance of organisation at the back. Short term contract to the summer would be a cracking bit of business then Brownlie can take over.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/christophe-berra-eyed-dundee-queen-21359721