The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Shame as he was great for us this year, be interesting to see how he does with his 3rd go at the premiership. Means our attack is being completely overhauled bar Fitzpatrick and Cardle.

Great is a bit of an over exaggeration. Tended to disappear when the going got tough, but he was one of the better players last season, which isnt saying much. No excuses from Caldwell this season as the majority of the squad will be his signings!! 

[emoji38]
Not at all keen on that *** joining the club. Ex Old Firm? Fine, but not the ones who won’t shut up about it.
Couldn't that statement also have been made concening ex Sellick legend Scott MacDonald?

Great is a bit of an over exaggeration. Tended to disappear when the going got tough, but he was one of the better players last season, which isnt saying much. No excuses from Caldwell this season as the majority of the squad will be his signings!! 

He’ll be a loss in any case, reckon he’ll improve as he’s still fairly young as well. Caldwell will have a tough job rebuilding our attack but I’m confident he won’t go for shite like Storer and and Mutombo at least.

Forgot he signed Roy, although he was binned from the first team fairly quick.

There's a PTFC trust update on the OS now which confirms that as a few of us suspected we've offered Mansell a deal. 

Also a few women's u19 games being played but we get some Astro at the side of the pitch and a scoreboard. Big fan of scoreboards. 

Couldn’t care less about Spittal leaving.

A good player at this level when on one of his purple patches, but ultimately a complete shitebag. That mistake he made against County when playing really well, followed by him spending the rest of the season in hiding, summed him up perfectly.

It'll be no surprise (or coincidence) when he spends a fourth consecutive season in a relegation battle.

1 hour ago, Walter said:
1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:
emoji38.png
Not at all keen on that *** joining the club. Ex Old Firm? Fine, but not the ones who won’t shut up about it.

Couldn't that statement also have been made concening ex Sellick legend Scott MacDonald?

13 games 7 goals since February (following on from 16 the previous season with Dundee United) shows that SMcD wasn't around just to gather a wage.

Boyd though.................if that signing does come to pass, the backlash over sacking Doolan could yet reach another level.

I just do not think Boyd is a good fit with the club's image.

And anyway, he's done.

As long as we're not paying him a fortune I'll be more than happy with signing Boyd. As a club our size operating in Glasgow can we really afford to be sniffy about the allegiances of our signing targets?

3 minutes ago, Walter said:

As long as we're not paying him a fortune I'll be more than happy with signing Boyd. As a club our size operating in Glasgow can we really afford to be sniffy about the allegiances of our signing targets?

Yes we definitely can.

From PTFC statement: “The Manager was pleased that the budget made available by the Board will enable a competitive squad of between 20 and 24 players to be assembled.”

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

From PTFC statement: “The Manager was pleased that the budget made available by the Board will enable a competitive squad of between 20 and 24 players to be assembled.”

He said at the manager get together that he was delighted with his budget for this season.

Boyd though.................if that signing does come to pass, the backlash over sacking Doolan could yet reach another level.
I just do not think Boyd is a good fit with the club's image.
And anyway, he's done.

Didn't realise we had sacked Doolan, I thought we just never offered him a new contract?

21 minutes ago, jaggymct said:
6 hours ago, Mancubus said:

Didn't realise we had sacked Doolan, I thought we just never offered him a new contract?

We didn't sack him he was not offered a new contract..

True. But it was done in a cack handed way, which is the norm for our dreadful chairman. 

22 hours ago, Walter said:
22 hours ago, Ad Lib said:
emoji38.png

I didn’t actively dislike MacDonald as a person.