The Partick Thistle thread

Our defensive record is comfortably in the top four in the league, but I see we're now ranked 12th/12 for goals scored - a marked decrease from last season where we'd scored 41 goals after 33 games, compared to the 32 we have currently.

While Amoo and Pogba have visibly improved as the season has gone on, it looks clear to me that a failure to either keep hold of or adequately replace Higginbotham and Taylor has been the difference between top six and bottom six.

...it looks clear to me that a failure to either keep hold of or adequately replace Higginbotham...has been the difference between top six and bottom six.

Amen. I'd have him back in a heartbeat. And I bet he wishes he'd never left.

The margin between top and bottom 6 ultimately came down to 1 goal. It's difficult to argue against either Higgy or Taylor making such a tiny difference over the course of a season that we'd be top 6 if either stayed but at the same time with the margin being so small you could point to any number of things like Cerny or Dumbuya's injuries, the continued use of Welsh for a few months when he was woefully out of form, Pogba starting games where Doolan would've been more suitable and so on and say that would've put us in the top 6.

Assuming no Hibs-esque collapse into the playoffs I'd really like to see us work on going back to being a bit more open and playing 3 attacking midfielders behind the striker next season. The midfield 3 of Osman, Bannigan and Welsh scored 2 (I think) goals all season between them and although they undoubtedly add to our solidity I'd sacrfiice our great defensive record to an extent if we could get more bodies forward. Pogba has a reasonable case for arguing he's not scored enough because more often than not when we get forward he's the only player in the box and has 2 or 3 men marking him.

Service to the striker has been a problem all season, we lost some key players last season and have set up more defensively to counter that. Looking forward to Erskine returning and I agree with Nizzy, love Higgy and would be happy to see him come back, would think he regrets the move (maybe not financially mind you). Either way we need another winger, other than Lawless and Amoo we only have Elliot really, and he isn't going to fix our creative problems.

Dreadful performance.

To think that some of our fans had the nerve to sing 'boring, boring County'. We didn't create a single meaningful chance.

If I hear another person say 'Pogba gives us something different', I think I'll cry. It becomes all the more staggering each week that this imposter and wage theif keeps club legend and our best striker out of the team.

Best of luck to County for the rest of the season.

Okay, so now that we're back in torn fingernails panic survival mode (ahem) how about simply finishing top of the bottom heap and embarrassing the hell out of at least one team in the top six by putting more points on the board? Go on guys, you know you want to.

Question for you Jags fans.

What's your opinions on wee Aiden Nesbitt. Not seen him play for quite a while. How's he getting on at Thistle?

Played well in his first game vs St Johnstone. Had a mare in his 2nd vs Motherwell, gave away a penalty and his head went down, hooked at half-time. Yesterday was his first appearance since and he didn't do anything of note.

Okay, so now that we're back in torn fingernails panic survival mode (ahem) how about simply finishing top of the bottom heap and embarrassing the hell out of at least one team in the top six by putting more points on the board? Go on guys, you know you want to.

We haven't lost to any of the 4 teams below us yet this season (in the league), so it's definitely possible as long as we don't down tools. Hopefully seeing as we're not mathematically safe from 11th yet, this won't be the case.

Edited by Nightmare