The Partick Thistle thread

That was your Anelka year, you still managed to beat us though. Other than Brechin last year, I think the only lower ones were Clydebank, East Fife, and Dumbarton

Yeah. Dalziel took over but the dross he left us with was unreal, I must have gave up looking at the league table that year. We had 2 points when he took over in late october, got a win against st johnstone that gave us hope, then it all just went downhill from there.

For all there's been an improvement in both results and performances if we use 40pts as the benchmark then needing 21pts from the remaining 14 games when 8 of them are away from home still seems unlikely considering the dreadful away form.

If we can get 4 points from Inverness and Alloa away in the next few weeks then I might become slightly more optimistic. 

If we can get 4 points from Inverness and Alloa away in the next few weeks then I might become slightly more optimistic. 

This isn't really up for debate, sadly. 4 points from these games is an absolute minimum IMHO. With hopefully the 3 coming against Alloa.

It does look as if we asked about O Dea but I think Davies getting injured will probably scupper that, would imagine a left sided CB is still on the list.

I saw Dunfermline linked with Scott Wright on loan from Aberdeen. Would have hoped we'd be in for him if only to stop him scoring against us. 

37 minutes ago, velo army said:

Why? Sammon would tear up this league. In fact he was one of our best players last season. I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

He is not the most prolific of goal scorers, although that may be due to a lack of descent supply.

Any speculation on who the possible additional players coming in are? The thought of the "experienced striker" being bald and fond of pizza gives me the fear.

Hopefully Keown will get shipped out and an experienced centre half will come in his place

I’d definitely take Sammon back right now. He may be a big jobber in the top flight but he bossed QOTS last year in the Cup and you’d imagine should be able to do that relatively regularly at this level.

I can’t actually see us bringing in another striker, though, now that we’ve signed Roy & Mansell. We only play one up front and now we have four of them.

I agree that we could do with a striker but can’t see it happening. We’ve got Doolan, Storey, Roy, Coulibaly, Mansell and Mutumbo that can play upfront. I expect Mutumbo to go but even if he does we still have plenty of options (shite options tbf).

The priority has to be at the back where we’re still 2 short imo.

Caldwell has said that we're in for an experienced striker, but I don't think we need one, unless Caldwell is looking to get rid of Doolan or Coulibaly (which is highly unlikely). 

Agree with Reid that we're two short at the back, and that needs to be where we strengthen. Definitely need one CB and either a RB or another CB depending on where he sees McMillan's best position.

A left back and a centre back would be great, Elliot has been good recently but still feel his positional sense gets us in trouble a lot.

Penrice has been poor, would like to see him given a wee break he looks like he's struggling to me. Still think he's a far better midfielder than a left back.

I'd rather we got another winger in than a striker tbh especially if cardle is going to be out for a bit, him and Fitzpatrick have completely changed the way we play,I can see Dools getting back among the goals soon.

The fact Caldwell said in the report to the trust that we were still looking for an experienced striker after signing Mansell and Roy originally made me wonder if Coulibaly was on his way out, but I'm considering the possibility that Mansell is costing us nowt and is effectively a 5 month trial, certainly doesn't look like he's going to make it at Blackburn given his age and lack of appearances. 

Mcginty getting binned for an out of position macmillan suggests another CB is the second signing as does the aforementioned enquiry about O Dea after we'd signed Saunders. 

If Cardle is out for a while and we can shift guys out then we might be looking at another winger. Spittal has come onto a game played more centrally which only leaves Storey and Fitzpatrick (and Mutombo but assume he's emergency use only) unless we're planning to use Coulibaly there 

Edited by Fuctifano

26 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

A left back and a centre back would be great, Elliot has been good recently but still feel his positional sense gets us in trouble a lot.

Penrice has been poor, would like to see him given a wee break he looks like he's struggling to me. Still think he's a far better midfielder than a left back.

I'd rather we got another winger in than a striker tbh especially if cardle is going to be out for a bit, him and Fitzpatrick have completely changed the way we play,I can see Dools getting back among the goals soon.

Agree re Penrice he needs a break our weak link at the back is now down the left side whereas unti Elliott s improvement it was down the right

3 minutes ago, jaggymct said:

Have heard from a reliable source that Keown is off to Perth on Loan with Anderson coming to us on Loan. Would be a good swap for us as Keown is a waste of a wage just now

The Partick Thistle Supporters Facebook page?