The Partick Thistle thread

Wow, it was really worth keeping him on to play a fruitless sub appearance against County, and show some of our fans up to be quite moronic, wasn't it?  Mistifying why he wasn't just quietly "released" when this all came out, before it became official yesterday.

Wow, it was really worth keeping him on to play a fruitless sub appearance against County, and show some of our fans up to be quite moronic, wasn't it?  Mistifying why he wasn't just quietly "released" when this all came out, before it became official yesterday.
You have to think the club consulted its main sponsor in this regard.

It's a shame to see a once promising youngster's career fall off the rails like Quitongo's has.  Not that long ago he was considered one of the brightest prospects in Scottish football but injuries and terrible off field decisions have put paid to that

50 minutes ago, Nizzy said:
1 hour ago, forameus said:

You have to think the club consulted its main sponsor in this regard.

That's why I put "released" like I did.  Obviously we'd have to honour his contract, but he could have easily been told to stay home under full pay until then.  Surely his actions have breached something in his contract.

That's why I put "released" like I did.  Obviously we'd have to honour his contract, but he could have easily been told to stay home under full pay until then.  Surely his actions have breached something in his contract.
Has it gone to court or anything yet? I'd imagine the only option would be to suspend him until his contract is up or until he is proven innocent or guilty. Unless of course he was willing to agree to a mutual termination before the contract was up.

We had a very similar situation with Nade last season (domestic abuse accusation). He was suspended until the end of his contract and then released. When it eventually went to court he was cleared.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Has it gone to court or anything yet? I'd imagine the only option would be to suspend him until his contract is up or until he is proven innocent or guilty. Unless of course he was willing to agree to a mutual termination before the contract was up.

We had a very similar situation with Nade last season (domestic abuse accusation). He was suspended until the end of his contract and then released. When it eventually went to court he was cleared.

Yeah, I'd have thought a suspension would have been a sensible option.  I'm not sure whether he was ever charged with anything, or just arrested.  Maybe was just the latter, in which case fair enough, but with just a few weeks to run on the contract, I don't see what benefit we got from putting him out there on the bench, particularly to warm up going past the Morton fans.

I see Scott Burns still hasn't learned how to use twitter. 
Saunders is pretty meh but pretty meh is all we're going to be in the market for. 

Although Scott Burns sometimes whiffs on a story (he was miles wrong on Danny Swanson to County), but generally he is on the money.

As for Saunders. He’s convinced he’s a right back. He ain’t. But he could do job at centre back for a few teams.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Although Scott Burns sometimes whiffs on a story (he was miles wrong on Danny Swanson to County), but generally he is on the money.

As for Saunders. He’s convinced he’s a right back. He ain’t. But he could do job at centre back for a few teams.

Was referring to his habit of putting the @ right at the start of the tweet which means only people who follow both him and the Livingston twitter can see it.