The Partick Thistle thread

33 minutes ago, Rangeman said:
2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

He has scored in the Europa League (qualifiers) this season...

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Getting linked with Ally Roy formerly of Derry City and Dumbarton.

He's barely scored in the League of Ireland.

He's tall so probably third choice after Ross Stewart and Conor Shields. 

We're so fucked :green

Just checked ally roy was Derry’s second top goal scorer in only half a season with 11 goals  in Ireland ,next to macaneff who got 14 in a full season  .so you’ve got it  wrong plus he’ has played in a very successful Northern Ireland under 21s euro campaign  ,and according to the Derry journal broke the record of city’s most goals ever in one game with four ,so let’s hope its right but I’ve heard there’s about five teams after him 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Can you confirm if, despite such lofty claims to fame as “once scored 4 goals for Derry City”, Ally Roy is, in fact, pish?

He's not outright rotten. We had some dreadful, dreadful players last season - and he wasn't the worst. He's a very direct wee guy who scored a couple of nice goals and has plenty of pace. 

My guessing is that he was coached by the same guy at Hearts who coached David Smith though. Clearly his pace was enough to rip teams to shreds at youth team level, but it just wasn't as effective for a struggling Scottish Championship club and he didn't have a lot else to rely on. We played him wide and defensively his positioning and decision making let him down, which is probably the major reason Aitken wouldn't play him.

Fair play to him though, he seems to have gone on to do very well for himself in Ireland - and I wouldn't write off any player who struggled under Stevie Aitken's defend at all cost tactics. Especially if, as Rangeman will tell you, he's always played as an outright forward, not a winger.

What I would say though is that, if we had re-signed him this window, I'd have been pretty underwhelmed. Not gutted or anything, but underwhelmed. 

Here he is scoring a nice goal against Falkirk after a sensational Div Wilson assist.

Just checked ally roy was Derry’s second top goal scorer in only half a season with 11 goals  in Ireland ,next to macaneff who got 14 in a full season  .so you’ve got it  wrong plus he’ has played in a very successful Northern Ireland under 21s euro campaign  ,and according to the Derry journal broke the record of city’s most goals ever in one game with four ,so let’s hope its right but I’ve heard there’s about five teams after him 

Which of those 5 teams will be unlucky enough to sign him?

Looking at his career he’s never even been good enough for League 1 let alone the Championship. He’d be a pretty dreadful signing for Partick so here’s hoping they get him.

Scored 4 in 29 in NI.

Exciting times.

1 hour ago, Rangeman said:

Really hoping we sign him so we can get to know you a bit more, Mr Roy. Hope your son is excited at the potential big move. 

Used to get this shite before .no relative but  I have followed the boy along with several others  ,who I take great interest in , as they were all at the same school as I worked at  . and all turned professional at same time ,so I think wee are allowed our Opinions  and three of them will sign for teams in January whether other people like them or not

1 minute ago, Rangeman said:

Used to get this shite before .no relative but  I have followed the boy along with several others  ,who I take great interest in , as they were all at the same school as I worked at  . and all turned professional at same time ,so I think wee are allowed our Opinions  and three of them will sign for teams in January whether other people like them or not

Sounds a wee bit creepy in that case, but welcome anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Rangeman said:

You're allowed your opinion in the same way that everyone else is then allowed to rip it to shreds for being absolute shite. That's how a football forum works champ. 

2 hours ago, Rangeman said:

Just checked where? This site lists all competitive games and he only scored a few https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ally-roy/leistungsdaten/spieler/328430

just seen that this doesn’t include FAI Cup games, so presumably he rattled a few in aganisnt non league amateur teams. 

Edited by ClydebankJag