The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

I can’t share the negativity towards Harkins. Even in his prime he was never particular fit or fast so he had nothing to lose with age in that respect. He has years of experience playing at a higher level than this and he still has the quality to score and open up defences.

John Lambie used to love filling his teams with old, experienced pros like Jamie Dolan, Danny Lennon, Ray Montgomerie and Paul McGrillen and he didn’t do too badly.  

Aye and Lambie could take an average team and motivate it to get results. Do you remember an elderly and ill JL taking over for 3 games and getting a big home win over league leaders Falkirk? He motivatedand energised  Armand One to a spectacular brace of goals. Do you remember GC taking over and losing to bottom of the table Alloa? He motivated and energised no one.

Edited by ClydebankJag

7 hours ago, Flash said:

It might be like Kerr, but it is not like Baird. He still had 18 months of his contract to run, so I am curious how he was able to hear of the longer contract and more £s that Falkirk were offering before he was released. How did the process work allowing him to “force the issue”?

If you think players aren't tapped up either via agents, players or former managers then ok...

It's quite clear that the three mentioned forced their move and won't be the last to do so

9 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Saunders sounds like he'd be a good shout. Wright too. I don't imagine Ralston will go anywhere as he's been getting gametime recently.

GGH is the best Jags player I've seen since Chic (talk about potential gamechangers who are also potential liabilities...), and he loves the Jags. I'll wait and see, but it's a Lambie-esque signing. 

16 minutes ago, velo army said:

Saunders sounds like he'd be a good shout. Wright too. I don't imagine Ralston will go anywhere as he's been getting gametime recently.

GGH is the best Jags player I've seen since Chic (talk about potential gamechangers who are also potential liabilities...), and he loves the Jags. I'll wait and see, but it's a Lambie-esque signing. 

Saunders is shite but I can’t argue with anything else you posted!

He was our best player last season by a mile. Two quid on him to score a hat trick on Saturday.

^^^ idiot found

If he takes up the shan ‘quarterback’ position that he enjoyed so much under Jim Duffy then his lack of pace will undermine his own team more than his creative skills can make up for. Which is why the midfield last season was demonstrably far worse with Harkins in it than in the previous campaign.

It isn’t the worst January panic signing out there but he’s won a watch by getting an eighteen month deal.

I wouldn't be against Gary Miller getting a gig at Firhill for the rest of the season. Not been getting a game for Carlisle but they've been in pretty good form without him.

#nitk 

Falkirk fans in their thread seem to think he's off there. I thought he was a touch over rated with us and not sure he left on tremendous terms (albeit under different management) but would be solid enough CB/RB cover. 

If we're sticking with wing backs though... Not his best position :unsure2: