The Partick Thistle thread

I can’t share the negativity towards Harkins. Even in his prime he was never particular fit or fast so he had nothing to lose with age in that respect. He has years of experience playing at a higher level than this and he still has the quality to score and open up defences.

John Lambie used to love filling his teams with old, experienced pros like Jamie Dolan, Danny Lennon, Ray Montgomerie and Paul McGrillen and he didn’t do too badly.  

Just now, Hammer Jag said:

I can’t share the negativity towards Harkins. Even in his prime he was never particular fit or fast so he had nothing to lose with age in that respect. He has years of experience playing at a higher level than this and he still has the quality to score and open up defences.

John Lambie used to love filling his teams with old, experienced pros like Jamie Dolan, Danny Lennon, Ray Montgomerie and Paul McGrillen and he didn’t do too badly.  

You cannot compare Caldwell to Lambie.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Positivity? emoji1.png

Aye, fair point re. this forum. But I think there's a marked difference in the expectations of the average simpleton on the Jags Facebook page and the grumpy, cynical b*****ds like us on P&B.

I'd guess most of them will be delighted about this. And I don't think it'll last.

Edited by Nightmare

Given Erskine has been warming the bench for most of Caldwell's tenure it's a bit of a bewildering signing, besides being utterly demoralising. Wouldn't be surprised to see Erskine go next month, likely to a division rival. 
I can put up with the odd jobber signing for a relegation scrap, but 18 month contracts? 2019/20 season tickets flying off the shelves! 

I’d take erskine at Ayr! 100 times the player the fat w**k is and ever will be

McCall asked about him and Doolan in the summer.

I believe Archibald wanted Shankland so McCall asked for a fee and those two in return. Archibald refused.

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

McCall wanted Doolan and Erskine as part of the proposed Shankland transfer in August.

I wouldn't be surprised if he moved for Erskine in January.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCall asked about him and Doolan in the summer.

I believe Archibald wanted Shankland so McCall asked for a fee and those two in return. Archibald refused.

Oi, you! :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Aye, fair point re. this forum. But I think there's a marked difference in the expectations of the average simpleton on the Jags Facebook page and the grumpy, cynical b*****ds like us on P&B.

I'd guess most of them will be delighted about this. And I don't think it'll last.

Did a poll on Twitter, I'd say despite the sample size probably about right?

Check out @Jagfox’s Tweet:

40% what we need

60% over the hill

I'm beginning to warm to the idea but I'm probably just sub-consciously getting away from the miasma of negativity...:green

Edited by jagfox99

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You really need to keep up #ITK

I'm sure I put this up a good while ago?:angel

We offered £150,000. I wonder if Heed will get his hands on any of that...