The Partick Thistle thread

On 4/11/2017 at 14:02, Fuctifano said:

A funded youth academy, our own training ground, a club legend as manger and another as star striker scoring his 100th goal as we obtain our highest league placing in 36 years?

edit: forgot debt free and probably going to smash our transfer fee received record in the summer with one of our own youth academy products

Where are Thistle and what have you done with them?

Out of nothing, I remembered this post earlier tonight. I think it might be responsible for the last 18 months. Sorry.

9 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Out of nothing, I remembered this post earlier tonight. I think it might be responsible for the last 18 months. Sorry.

I take some blame too for doing the last batch of Doolan Scarves...:green

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

I saw this on the SFA suspensions list.  I don't know if these are concurrent or consecutive suspensions.

10/12/2018 499620 - JACK STORER (PARTICK THISTLE F.C.) 2 SPFL RESERVE LEAGUE MATCHES IMMEDIATE AND 3
SPFL RESERVE LEAGUE MATCHES FROM 24/12/2018

They are consecutive so he can't play reserve football until March.  :lol:

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Nice wee Christmas break for the boy.  Top effort.

Not really, it's only reserve league fixtures he misses so he can still play first team football if selected.

36 minutes ago, Walter said:
54 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:
Bannigan signing until 2020 going by the less than cryptic tweet from the club. Meh.

He's probably our best player so wouldn't that be a rare bit of good news rather than "meh"?

He's not even been our best central midfielder this year.

I'd rather he stayed than didn't which I couldn't say about too many of the rest if they were all out of contract in 11 days, and if he can stay clear of his injury problems and get back to 80% of the player he was circa 2014 then this is a good piece of business.

Think I'll be more upbeat when the "mutual consent" announcements come in January.

Definitely would want to keep Bannigan, don't think he's near what he used to be (yet?) but he's still good enough. Surprised he remained on the pitch at the Dunfermline game though, so at least that part of his game is coming back.

The list of people other than Bannigan i'd like to stay isn't a long one though,.. 

Penrice
O'Ware
Spittal
McCarthy
Slater
Fitzpatrick
Sneddon
Doolan

Maybe Coulibaly, but it's hard to say, not really seen much. 

Signing an actual right back in January would class though, been a while since we had one. A winger or creative mid would be rather nice as well.